PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobia..

belle
06-11-08, 16:42
...has come back, even worse than ever.

My son was puked next to at school today THREE times and then some kid wiped it on him. I am freaking out because the chances of him getting sick are pretty darn high considering he was there at the time.

I am scared sh*tless. I just cannot get sick. I can't cope with this. I really feel so out of control.

Stressed92
06-11-08, 20:25
Sending you some hugs:bighug1:
He might not get sick, you never know:shrug:
I don't have emetophobia so i can't really offer advice, but hope you feel better soon and that your son is okay :bighug1:
Take care
Amy
x

lucy030188
06-11-08, 21:18
completeeely understand where your coming from hun!

its really scary....but I really think you will be fine! It may not even be a stomach bug that the little boy had!

Seriously...try not to worry..these things cant be helped, but I know how scary it is too! Emetophobia is horrible and I HATE it but I really believe you are strong enough to get through this!

Take care hun x

Jobyone
07-11-08, 12:03
Really know how you feel - i've been a sufferer for longer than I'd like to think about. As Lucy said it's possible that it wasn't a bug. I tend to forget that sometimes kids are just sick, and it's not necessarily a bug. I always think to myself that if I wait 2 days and nothing happens I'm free and clear.

Jessica Leigh
11-11-08, 21:01
ive been for an initial consultation with a psychotherapist recently, wondered if anyone had been through or having Cognitive Behavioural Therpay and how good it is?

orangeblossom
12-11-08, 01:09
Hi, I'm actually getting CBT at the moment and I have emetaphobia along with panic/anxiety. I can honestly say that if you get a therapist who you can trust and who is excellent at what they do, you will be helped along no end. I have had two superb therapists and a couple of really, really, REALLY god-awful ones. So, I guess sometimes it is just luck.

But, cbt really does make a difference when you have emetaphobia - that is the experience I have had anyway.

belle
12-11-08, 10:41
I see my therapist next week and we've not spoken out my emet. yet, we've only been concentrating on my agoraphobia. I will most definitely talk to him about it and i am completely screwed up now for the next 6 months!