PDA

View Full Version : Ladies experienced and experiencing the menopause

Natural Mystic
06-11-08, 16:45
Any ladies here find that their anxiety has come along with peri menopause, menopause or post menopause?

HeatherMc
06-11-08, 17:06
I am 41 not sure all weird things kicked off, dizzy spells, lack of concentration, forgetting things, excessively tired, night sweats, but been told I am not menopausal have had a FSH test but definitely something going on.

Heather

Natural Mystic
06-11-08, 18:33
I am 41 not sure all weird things kicked off, dizzy spells, lack of concentration, forgetting things, excessively tired, night sweats, but been told I am not menopausal have had a FSH test but definitely something going on.

Heather
Have they not suggested peri menopausal ... look it up babe

Natural Mystic
06-11-08, 18:35
:doh: well this is typical me lol
i had an early menopause at 36 and it was over by 43 i just get the odd hot flush now and again nothing to write home about?
now because i have suffered severe anxiety and panic since 24 i am and always have been on the edge basically neurotic if truthful :D
before periods i was horrendous moody angry unreasonable etc
now since the menopause i am now 47 sigh:weep:
i have found that my anxiety has lessened dramatically and i feel so much better and calmer in myself?
i know for a fact that forgetfullness etc are all part of the menopause but because of my anxiety etc i sailed through it all as i was always like that anyway?
take care
tetley
My mum went through hers in her late 30's and went through the same as I am now, anxiety etc.. I am convinced that I am menopausal (I just turned 40). My problems started in January this year.

My doctors haven't offered me any test, the FSH test? even though I have told them the above. Should I request it?

To be honest I'd be quite relieved that it was that, at least there is a real reason and I know it'll pass. :doh:

chocoholic
06-11-08, 20:22
hi ladies
im only 32 but it was suggested to me that it could be peri menopause - im not convinced tho.
I have heard that the blood test for menopause isnt too reliable though. My sister had them regularly and were up and down with no relation to her menpause so might be worth keeping an eye on.
hope this helps
choco x