PDA

View Full Version : A WOMEN QUESTION

sueiamnew
11-06-05, 21:13
Sorry u guys but i am getting quite scared, i wish i didnt have to ask this question in such a public way.

I have been looking at swelling lymph nodes on the internet, because i have had one since last May (12 months).

It is not causing too much bother apart from being there really, but i worry because it hasnt cleared up?

It is probably nothing harmful, and im sorry for asking this question on this site, feel free to ignore me.

henri
11-06-05, 22:33
hey sue,
sadly i don't know the answer to your question - sounds like one for meg. have you been to see your doctor about it recently?
sorry i couldn't be more helpful!
henri x

Meg
13-06-05, 22:10
Sue,

If you have any undiagnosed lumps and bumps for 12 months go and get checked out . In absence of any other symptoms in all this time it will be fine but get it looked at in real time by a real person . The internet version will only tell you highly unlikely worst case scenarios

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

escapology
14-06-05, 14:29
The lymph system follows the blood system around but doesn't have a pump like the blood system does (heart). Sometimes swelling occurs due to water retention and the best way of reducing this is by moving around and lymph massage (you see people with elephant ankles etc). The lymph system carries all the white cells around and the lumph areas, back of knees/behind ears, along collar bone, under the arms etc, filter the impurities from the blood, the impurities that are not filtered then gets moved to the kidneys where was pass it out within our urine.

I do not know too much about lumps, but would suggest that you get it checked out by a GP. This can be common and there is nothing to worry about or feel embaressed by talking to your GP.

Please let us know how you get on!

Esca xx

sueiamnew
14-06-05, 19:19
Thanks for all of your replies.

Sue