PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks or vertigo??

polly123
06-11-08, 20:16
Please, can somebody give me some advice??? a few times over the last few weeks, ive been woken up by the most awful dizziness followed by my stomach lurching, im really scared by this, i went to see my gp today and all he said was vertigo gave me some tablets to help it and said let me know how you get on, but im really not sure its vetigo because i only ever get it when im sleeping to me this doesnt make any sencei really dont know which way to turn at the moment i thought i was doing so well with panic and anxiety, i suppose deep down im thinking its more likely to be panic and not vertigo, so sorry to waffle on but does anyone else suffer with this??? thanks for reading this post POLLY

bab
06-11-08, 20:20
sounds like vertigo - did they give you stemetil? see if it goes away and then you can eliminate x
x

jacq
07-11-08, 10:34
Hi Polly, i have had this on and off for a few years and every time it has happened in bed. The first time i remember waking up and wondering why i felt so sick and could feel the room spinning i couldn't even keep my eyes focussed properly and felt as though i was going to fall over (stupid cause i was still lying down). I managed to slowly crawl to the loo on all fours but didn't feel that i was gonna be sick just my stomach was turning over, then spent the rest of the night sitting up in bed as was too dizzy to lie down, i have found that sitting totally still and trying to keep focussed on one spot is the only thing that helps the attacks go quicker but they can last from a couple of hours to all day, (the last was in the summer and we were camping and it took 2 people to carry/drag me accross a field to the toilet block lol.) but i understand at the time it is a truly horrible feeling and the anxiety imeadiately kicks in. I have never been to the docs about it - initially cause i assumed it was serious like a brain tumour or something and i didn't want it confirmed but since then i have googled all i can and think mine usually coincides with having or getting a cold and it affects the fluid in my ears which controls your balance. Hope you feel better soon.

Jacq x