PDA

View Full Version : allways thinking the worst health wise

Hears The Water
11-06-05, 21:18
Hi all. Sorry in advance for the bad typing. Today I was out shopping and I picked up a glass bottle of face cleanser. I didn't realize that it was broken on the bottom, and I cut my finger. I FREAKED out. The lady behind the counter just handed me a paper towel. No offer of soap or water or first aid cream. Which realy is a moot point since I probably wouldn't have used them anyway. But I had to wait for about an hour before I could get home to wash the cut out. So of course now I am thinking that I will be dying or loosing the finger soon due to flesh eating bacteria. Now, why do I allways think the worst? A headace is a blood clot (ok, that one is explainable since my dh just died from that ) a leg ache is deep vein thrombosis, a cold is malaria etc. etc. My imagination is runnig away with me. So now due to the cut my whole day is ruined. I have been having a hard time as I am doing new things, going shopping and all. But I wanted to have fun today for a change and now all I can do is wait to see if I have some kind of rare bacterial infection. And like someone else pointed out, the internet is not any help. Now I know the symptoms to look out for and I will end up being hyper-vigilant. Fever is a big fear of mine anyway, so now it is worse. A little coping trick I use is to wait for an hour after I eat something or somehow have anyting enter my body, thinking that if I was ok after an hour I was ok in general. But according to the online symptoms chart, it would be at least a day before I would see any symptoms. ACK!!!! I hate feeling this way. Any suggestons for overcoming this? Anyone else think the worst in all health issues?
God bless you and yours
Debbie

andrewjdavid2005
11-06-05, 21:36
Hi

Im exactly the same as you i think of a blood clot when im feeling breathless but thats prob as someone in the family recently died of that when im feeling faint or dizzy and stuff i think im going to collapse and die i always think negatively and the worst of everything so i do sympathise with how your feeling me and you share similair thoughts and its very hard i know wish i knew how to overcome it as well!

seh1980
11-06-05, 21:38
hi Debbie,

I'm often the same with health issues. Tell yourself that you have nothing to worry about. You have been scared before and nothing has ever happened, right? It will be the same this time..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal