PDA

View Full Version : I'm not alone?

Insomniac
12-06-05, 10:33
Hi everyone.

Found your site a few days ago. Nice to know other people have similar feelings.

I get dizzy, sick, BAD stomach (you know what I mean), suffer from IBS anyway - maybe that's related. I don't know. I'm a bit confused - nothing new there. Anxiety came on last year when going to Cornwall on holiday. It took about an hour to get in the car. I only went because my six year old daughter would have been sad.

Daryl (my husband) is VERY supportive. Don't know why he puts up with it really. I want it to go away but I don't suppose it will. Not sure where it came from...

Oh yeah, I suffer with depression too. On and off for last 11 years. I'm taking St John's Wort and Bach rescue remedy when having particularly bad day (and loperamide). Which does help. Guess I'm managing it. Its just that you think its gone away then it sneaks up on you again.

Sorry for sad intro - having a bad morning.

Glad you're all out there anyway.

Lisa.
:)

mumof4
12-06-05, 10:37
hi and welcome this sis a great site and hopefully u will get better over time.

i have suffered with panic attacks and depression for around 13 years and only a few with depression i am getting better now and i havent had a attack in months since comming here.

seh1980
12-06-05, 10:38
Welcome aboard!! Hope we can offer you some good support :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

florence
12-06-05, 10:42
Hello Lisa

Welcome to the forum..

I hope you'll find great support here and advices. Sorry to hear about your depression, that's nasty... depression can lead to anxiety and vice versa.
IBS is horrible..I have to avoid certain foods (dairy mostly), otherwise I get really ill [xx(].
I hope you'll feel better soon.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Insomniac
12-06-05, 16:39
Thanks all.

Just logged on again. Nice to be able to talk and not get negative response. "Don't believe everything you think" - I LIKE that. Its something I have to remind myself often.

Just been to Sainsbury's with nausea and tight chest. But completed the shopping with Daryl's help.

Feeling much better this afternoon. I love this website. Makes me feel almost sane.... Ha ha!

Lisa. :D

florence
12-06-05, 16:56
Hey thats great , the website is helping you huh...
Well done for coping while in Sainsburys..

Take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

nomorepanic
12-06-05, 17:19
Hi Lisa

Welcome aboard the forum.

I am glad you are feeling better today and well done on going shopping even with the problems you felt.

Hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

seh1980
12-06-05, 17:48
Well done for getting out Lisa!! It will get easier in time..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

henri
12-06-05, 17:48
Hi Lisa,
welcome to the site - it's fab here!
really well done for making yourself go to the supermarket and stuff. sounds like you have a fairly positive approach, which will definitely help you get better.
hope to see you around the site soon,
henri x

pips
12-06-05, 19:17
Hi Lisa,

A warm welcome to the site. Sorry you are going through a bad time. Things will get better it just takes time and small steps.

Well done for coping with Sainsburys. Supermarkets can be Panic City anyway Ive had many a panic in Tescos Sainsburys etc.. seem to be working my way around them all! LOL.

Take care and i hope this site helps you on your road to recovery.

Love PIP'S X X

Karen
12-06-05, 19:21
Hi Lisa

Welcome to the forum. Well done for getting out even though it was uncomfortable.

Hope we can help you push forward with this.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Insomniac
12-06-05, 22:29
Thanks all. :D

Today started badly but got better as it went along. Slightly stressy about work tomorrow. Put my mask on and away I go.

Just knowing about this site is like having friends I didn't know were there. Reassuring me that I'm not losing the plot. And maybe there is hope after all!

Night all. Must sleep now. Not much sleep for last week or so... Tiredness makes me feel ill which makes me anxious in case I'm not just tired and the dizziness is anxiety... [:P]

InsomniacL.

clickaway
12-06-05, 22:36
Welcome along Lisa,

I'm glad you found us - since joining this site last February I have done pretty well and I hope you progress similarly.

Also good that you have an understanding partner - that's a bonus!

Don't forget we have a chat room, which can get busy and fun in the evenings!

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/lounge/chat/chat.html

Take Care

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

BrandyK
12-06-05, 23:31
what is rescue remedy anyways...
brandyxx

Insomniac
13-06-05, 17:01
Hi Brandy.

Its a Bach Flower Remedy. Says on the bottle it "provides support at times of emotional demand". :)

It helps me anyway.

InsomniacL. X

Meg
13-06-05, 17:39
Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the site .

Glad its being of benefit

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Brandy
RR: Rescue Remedy - Help needed (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2298)
rescue remedy (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2303)
More RR : Rescue Remedy (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1501)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

BrandyK
14-06-05, 01:44
thanks for all your help meg!!!

brandy