PDA

View Full Version : Its back!

skutter
07-11-08, 12:01
Ive had Health Anxiety for what seems like forever! I have convinced myself till i am physically sick that i have some thing or other! However, the last few months i have been making big progress, no google, doing relaxation and breathing! Untill last week as work (i work in a hospital) i got a patients blood on my hands. Only a small bit that i washed off immediately. I was in total panic, i think now ive got HIV. back onto google. i couldnt eat, i was sick and crying hysterically. a week later i am a lot better but now i have a sore throat and am convinced that this this is a symptom. ARGGGG!!! why does one small thing set you back so far!

abi
07-11-08, 12:17
I totally understand what you are going through.
Try not to worry-the chance of catching HIV from what happened especially if you have no cuts or open sores on your skin are almost nil. The symptoms you are having are nothing to do with HIV-for a start the disease (which you can't even have) would not have shown itself yet as there is a remission period.....so try try try not to worry-you are fine!
:yesyes:

skutter
08-11-08, 16:16
Thank Marjorie, i do try not to worry and i'll be ok for a while then bang this wave of panic hits me. My husband thinks i have this sore throat, ear ache due to having a whole week of stressing, making me run down. i wish i could block google from my computer. i just cant help myself

yanksforever
08-11-08, 19:36
Block google from your computer....hmmm...I wonder if that's really possible. I googled for about 2 months and became a depressed wreck. Then I stopped for a while like 2 months and had a few hiccups last month, but then I slapped myself (literally) and haven't done so since even though I had a few symptoms which tempted me.

We have health anxiety. Lets accept it. We can't google.