PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me, I'm Going To Pass Out

MVP123
07-11-08, 14:45
I am so scared, for the last few days I have felt eally dizzy with my headaches and my head buzzing. Went to my docs last night and she changed my sleeping tablets to Zorpiclone. I have just had my blood taken for tests. While I was waiting for the bus to come home I thought I was gonna pass out at any moment, and I cant believe I made it home. But now I'm scared to move incase I faint and I am all on my own until my husband gets home from work. does anyone have any advice or are there any helplines I can ring to talk to someone, I'm desperate and so scared, it's horrible :weep:

bottleblond
07-11-08, 14:53
Hi there

Firstly try to make yourself a hot sweet cup of tea. Anxiety can make us feel very dizzy/light headed but the chances of passing out from it are very low.

Have you been eating properly hun?

Love Lisa
xxx

ladybird64
07-11-08, 14:54
Hi.

I'm sorry you're feeling so awful at the moment, it sounds like your anxiety levels are really high.
I don't know about any helplines but what about the chatroom here on NMP, perhaps there is someone in there you can talk to for a while?

eeyorelover
07-11-08, 14:55
Here is the number to nopanic...
0808 808 0545

Eat something and try to relax as much as possible hun! I know it's a horrible feeling! Just hang in there!
xxxxxxxxx
Sandy

kellie
07-11-08, 14:56
Hiya hun im sorry you are feeling this way right now
Try to keep your breathing nice and slow
Breath in through your nose and out through your mouth
in to the count of 5 and out to the count of 8
keep doing this untill you feel relaxed and the dizziness has passed
Also get some very cold water ( with ice if Poss) and sip on that as you relax
I know its not easy but pls try not to be scared as you know this is just a panic attack and it will pass but your fear will keep it there longer
When you feel more relaxed find something to do to keep you distracted
best wishes.
kellie.xxxxxxxxx

MVP123
07-11-08, 15:02
But what if it is something else. my head won't stop spinning and it has been like it all day, I won't to lie down but am scared that will make it feel worse, I'm gonna have a cup of sweet tea tho and try lying down for a bit, and see how I feel later, and will pop on again later xx

MVP123
07-11-08, 16:39
I don't feel better, I think i feel worse, I keep thinking of calling an ambulance I'm that scared, this can't just be anxiety, cause i was getting better and I haven't been worrying about anything, gotta go, I can't concentrate on typing......

joyce1980
07-11-08, 16:54
How are you now?

bab
07-11-08, 22:06
Dear Mvp - how are you feeling - its such a horrible feeling my love but a therapist told me to faint your blood pressure needs to be low but when we are anxious its high so although we feel like we are going to keel over its not actually possible when we are that anxious.

Try and do the breathing and then distract yourself - if you were going to faint it would have happened and then say to yourself so what - people faint all the time - its not dangerous - your just so anxious especially as on new med - its all normal xxx

rosy
08-11-08, 12:42
HI MVP

Are you any better honey

I feel dizzy ALL the time, non stop, Almost.

Hope you feel better soon

Love from Rosy

MVP123
08-11-08, 13:32
Hi, I am feeling about the same today, but I didn't call an ambulance, as I calmed down a bit once my daughter and husband came home. I have got this awful pressure in both my ears and the front of my head and am still dizzy. I have just bought some Sudafed to see if that helps. I have started taking my Citalopram this morning, does anyone know if it is okay to take Sudafed with this?? If not, damn it's too late I already have taken some ooppss.

rb1978
08-11-08, 14:14
I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a rough time of it lately; I am sure it's panic which has been made worse because you were by yourself. Doesn't mean your symptoms weren't horrible though.

No-one's mentioned NHS Direct yet 0845 4647.

They're not a counselling service or anything and probably won't have time to speak at length over the phone but they are there 24/7. You start with a receptionist and they refer you up to a nurse or a doctor if required. At the very least, a nurse is a medical person who could talk through your symptoms and try to put your mind at rest.