PDA

View Full Version : Hello

jaspers32
07-11-08, 19:04
Hi

I would like to introduce myself, Im 36yrs female and live in the UK.

I have a condition called SVT which means once in a while the heart goes hay wire and it beat very, very fast. I has an heart ablation 2 years ago to cure it. Prior to this the condition used cause me so much worry I was placed on Paroxoten. (Have been off this since April 08)

As part of the anxiety and the extra path way in my heart, I sufferd bouts of ectopics,flutters you name it.

Well I thought I was cured of this awful condition and wham, the day before I was due to get married I have an attack. Only in Las Vegas a thousand miles away from home. I was able to stop it this time, which I could not do before the ablation, but I have sunk into a big depression. I have been put on Beta bloackers , the same meds I had before the ablation and I'm so fed up. Every flip of my heart sends me into a blind panic, even though I have lived with this condition since I was 16, you would think these were new to me.

I just cannot pull myself out of these thoughts. I cannot tell you how many times I have reached for the Paroxoten that I still have left but not touched one.

I have been refered back to my Cardio again. Why can something that did not bother you a couple of years ago now seems a trillion times worse?

Thanks for taking time to read this

Jaspers

pooh
07-11-08, 19:09
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

Patty
07-11-08, 22:26
Hi Jaspers,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :bighug1:

weeble40
08-11-08, 00:23
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx