PDA

View Full Version : i am new to this

MKAY
12-06-05, 14:37
hi i am a 30 year old female . suffered depression for the second time . been on prozac for 18 months and stopped them too quick .after reading this site realised anxiety has a lot to do with it . every thought this week has been of dying and thinking there was something wrong with me ,infact for the past 3 weeks . i have read a lot of people going on about IBS is this related to anxiety ? this site makes you feel a whole lot more normal , thanks

florence
12-06-05, 14:58
Hi

I think I replied to one of your posts earlier..
I am pretty sure I have IBS too, it is likely to be anxiety related I would say..
If you need informations and advices about IBS here is a good website where there is a forum too : www.lactose.co.uk
I have discovered this site recently as I suffer with lactose intolerance and they have a section on IBS.
I hope you 'll find great support here ( nomorepanic) just like I have. :)

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

seh1980
12-06-05, 15:03
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

MKAY
12-06-05, 15:17
hi , just read the site you gave me and it is definately IBS .this may sound stupid but if i havent been before i go out then it is guarnteed that i will have to go as soons as i get to where i am going . the pain and sweats that go with this is bad enough . when i was on prozac it really calmed it down but the last 3 weeks it has gone back to being just as bad .i didnt realise that anxiety could have such an effect on things . thanks

florence
12-06-05, 15:25
yeah it s hard to believe what anxiety can do sometimes....so many symptoms.. I posted a while a go about a list i found... you can have a look if you want..
http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml

You will see that the symptom you have is definitely there..

Let me know what you think. Take care.
Florence.

henri
12-06-05, 17:52
hi there,
welcome!
reading old threads on this site will definitely help you understand more about your condition, which is part of the recovery process - the more you understand about it, the less fear you feel and the less anxious you are.
henri

pips
12-06-05, 19:12
Hi MKAY,

A big warm welcome to the site.

I to suffer with IBS and if you feeling anxious it definately doesn't help it!

I hope this site can help you on your road to recovery.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Karen
12-06-05, 19:22
Hi Mkay

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

seh1980
12-06-05, 20:08
MKay - maybe you could ask your doctor ro give you something for the IBS? It's mental what anxiety can do to you, huh? :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

BrandyK
12-06-05, 21:18
Hi Mkay!! and welcome... You will find that this is a great site...

Brandy

Insomniac
12-06-05, 21:35
Hi MKAY

I'm new here too and I suffer with IBS. My old GP gave me something for it. She rightly said if I could ease that it would help with anxiety - which it does. Maybe yours can help you?

Good luck.

InsomniacL.

MKAY
12-06-05, 22:31
its mad really . i thought just being on prozac would fix everything but it takes a lot more than that eh ,especially on my part. if i had understood the illness more then maybe i wouldnt be in this mess . i lost 3 grandparents and my mum in the space of 2 years and thought all i needed was a little pill to help me through the grief . shows how much i know eh !!! each time i have an attack now the symptoms are a lot worse , electric shock feeling ,dizziness,crazy dreams,fatigue,constantly thinking i am dying ,the list goes on and on !!! hopefully with all your help i will understand more and recover well thanks xxx

florence
12-06-05, 22:42
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">i thought just being on prozac would fix everything but it takes a lot more than that eh ,especially on my part.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Yeah ... if pills could fix everything , then I guess we'd all be on them.

Florence.

Meg
13-06-05, 17:52
Hi Mkay,

Meds are purely mood altering drugs. They do help but if your situation haven't changed when you come off them , the symptoms will return..

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

You will still be working through your grief..

Try CRUSE charity for bereavement

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...