PDA

View Full Version : Nausea - Morning, evening or all day?

anna66
08-11-08, 09:49
I wake each morning with a slight jitter and nasty nausea which seems to lessen as the day goes on, until evening when I am virtually free and calm.

How does it affect you?

Thank you

Anna

LeeBee
08-11-08, 09:59
Hi Anna - feeling more anxious in the morning is quite common. Apparently it is to do with cortisol levels, which are higher in the morning, and blood sugar, which is lower:

http://anxiousnomore.blogspot.com/2007/08/more-about-morning-anxiety.html

As a child I used to often feel nausea in the morning and not want to eat. I think this was partly nervousness about school, but it may also have been because of increased cortisol levels and low blood sugar. As I've got older this has got better. Hope this helps :).

janeybaby25
08-11-08, 11:31
Hi Anna, I used to have the same at the height of my anixtey. Not advice really, mine just went away in time. xxxx

charlish74
08-11-08, 12:12
try pepermint tea i add a sugar its helps calm the stomach down also ask your doctor for anti sickness i get them and they really help me xx

Ddcoo
08-11-08, 12:39
HI anna, I awoke with nausea and my body shaking all over this morning and wake like this most mornings when I am on a "bad patch", but it usually wears off after I have got up and start moving, although some days, it can go on till past lunchtime.

I have just looked at the site recommended by LeeBee and it is very informative.

When I am less stressed I can go for weeks without feeling these horrible symptoms. Good luck for tomorrow morning.

anna66
09-11-08, 10:23
Hello,
Thanks to everyone for their replies, it does help knowing there are others out there who experience similar if not the same symptoms.
The website is helpul, thank you. Will try the peppermint tea too!
xx