PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice Please

Ddcoo
08-11-08, 12:15
Please has anyone else felt like this when having a panic attack?
I went out this morning to visit the grandchildren and took my cereal with me as I hadn't had time to eat before I went. I only had a couple of mouths full when I felt a wave of panic come all over my body, it started at my feet and went right up to my face, but it was a COLD panic, I felt freezing and 2 mins later I had one the same. When I got home I took my temperature as I still felt very chilled inside my body and my temperature was down to 35.3 (95.6f). I felt as if I was going to die. Would be so grateful to hear from anyone.

amandaj
08-11-08, 16:04
hi it does sound like a panic attack, hope your feeling better now

take care
amanda

Ddcoo
08-11-08, 17:59
thanks Amanda, am a bit better now but really tired as a pa wears you out, but as only you replied I gathered no one else had had this freezing feeling so I looked it up on the nmp main menu under Panic Attacks, then symptomsand just in case anyone else gets this horrible feeling, I will quickly quote a little of what it said.
"Some people feel a panic coming on by a whole wave washing through them of extreme heat OR ICY COLDNESS. You feel very cold or chilled. Often this chill is difficult to shake and only after the symptoms subside does the chill lift. This is a common symptom and isn't one to be concerned with, it is just annoying and awkward in a social setting."

I have had panic attacks before but never with this feeling and it really did frighten me, and of course being in company at the time made it worse. My stepdaughter said I went deathly white. When I got home my temperature was 2 degrees lower than usual but picked up after putting the heating on.

Hope this might help anyone else who has either had it or gets it and thanks again.:huh:

leeann
08-11-08, 18:46
Hiya I also experiences this. Im so glad you posted it. Its so horrible some times I can be lying in bed and it feels like my body In the in side, Is freezing (if that makes sense) Its horrible xx hope your ok x

Ddcoo
08-11-08, 21:16
hi Leeann, so glad you found my post useful, I had never experienced this before, it must be awful for you. At least I will know what I am dealing with if it happens again, and i really hope that you don't get many of them, as you say it is a horrible feeling and what you said about freezing on the inside is exactly what I felt. I was going to say STAY COOL but I think thats the wrong thing to say under the circumstances.lol:)