PDA

View Full Version : will this change?need support

Cheeky220
08-11-08, 15:26
Does anyone find that they cannot just lie down and relax coz there head is constantly racing all the time? and they feel like they need to be doing domething all the time?what is the reason for this? and will there come a day when we can just relax like our old selfs?x

feels_like_home
08-11-08, 17:12
I have been feeling like you for a while now. I try to distract myself from the symptoms of anxiety and do a good job most of the time, but this takes it toll. I cannot relax. I have to always be on the go. I undertsand how you feel. I think distraction is a great strategy to use, but we need to be careful to not over do it. It is all about balance. It is finding that balance that is hard to do. Hope you are feeling better.
Michelle

marie1974
08-11-08, 17:16
hiya i am always very busy and cant sit around for too long, infact when i do sit down i have to have my laptop, i cant just sit there and do nothing.

the reason for this for me is that sittin about for to long makes me think about stuff in my life and issues i have and anxietys etc, so i always keep busy.

people who know me always tell me im like a busy bee cos im always hyper, but it makes me feel much better being this way.

nicros
08-11-08, 17:23
Hi there I am exactly the same, but don't have as many thoughts going around my head now I'm on venlafaxine. I find it really hard to just sit and relax, I have to be drawing or on the lap top or if I am forced to sit still I end up picking my fingers. I am used to it now but i sometimes drive y OH mad doing it. Nicola