PDA

View Full Version : Advice and support from anyone suffering Depersonalisation

Cheeky220
08-11-08, 15:46
Hi

Ive been suffering with this detatched, unreal, floating feeling and dont know what to do ;( depressed because of this as i just want it to go away. i cant take my mind off of it for a second and connect with anything else. its really disturbing and destressing. what keeps u going thru this?? as i feel i wont be the same again :(

bab
08-11-08, 16:49
hi cheeky - i would say this is one of the most scary symptoms of anxiety but the more attention you give it the more it will be there - just accept it and distract yourself and it will get easier x

honeybee3939
08-11-08, 16:54
Hi Cheeky

Theres some interesting and informative threads on this link also hun...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784

Hope you feel better soon
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

feels_like_home
08-11-08, 17:24
Distract! Distract! Distract! I know this is really hard to do when you feel so horrible. Try to do some puzzles, or games. It makes you focus on something besides how you are feeling.
Michelle

andie73
08-11-08, 17:58
Hi

I agree. I have suffered form anxiety for over 20 years but hadn't experienced derealisation until last year and it terrified me. I thought I was going to end up in a padded cell, never to return to normality.

I get it now and again when I'm feeling extra stressed but I try to ignore it. Do not pay it any attetion at all. Carry on with your day as if it's not there. This takes a bit of doing to say the least. but the more you do it the easier it gets. Then one day, like me, you'll find yourself saying ummmm I haven't felt unreal for ages. Then it comes back lol, cos you're thinking about it.