PDA

View Full Version : Advice and info

thedarkrose
08-11-08, 23:15
Hey all

i was wondering if anyone could help me. I am helping someone i care for get prepared for a medical and checked some info a doctor printed off a long time ago. He has dyspraxia and was born with this and also suffers from depression, anxiety, mood swings and anger issues. On this paper it says those things but it also mentions mental retardation? I was wondering if this is separate from the dypraxia or if they mean the dyspraxia?

jill
09-11-08, 00:33
Hi hun :D:hugs:

It may help if you know what mental retardaiton is, I found this which maybe of some help

What the form is asking is, I think, becasue I can't read the form, does this person suffer allso with mental retardaiton meaning

What Is Mental Retardation?

To understand mental retardation, it helps to know what intelligence (say: in-tel-uh-jents) is. Intelligence is a way of describing someone's ability to think, learn, and solve problems. Mental retardation means that someone has lower than average intelligence.
The person may have trouble learning and might need longer to learn social skills, such as how to be friends or how to communicate with others. People with mental retardation also might be less able to care for themselves or unable to live on their own as adults.

Hope this has been of some help hun, but if not, maybe you could do a google search for the information.

You take care,

LOVE JILLXXX