PDA

View Full Version : when should i be worried about my chest pain?

katiedarling
09-11-08, 00:45
So...chest pain, like a lot of other people. Feels like its in the ribs right under my breasts, or in the sternum, or breastbone, right in the middle. Not there all the time, I can definelty move around and stuff. It comes and goes. It will come suddenly, a big shot of like...an ache...or a big deep bruise...but then it goes away. Then it will come back, then go. Been like this on and off for a few months, very random. But today, been fairly persistant.
I know lots of people have felt rib pain or chest pain....
Just wondering, when it is a problem...when it could be something serious?
Like what are the symptoms of heart related problems? Heart disease?
I know its not a heart attack...but Im just worried about other possible scenarios. Can someone just tell me when I should be worried???
Haha, as if you need to tell an anxiety sufferer that!!!!
Or ideally, how about you just tell me that I have nothing to worry about, and if it was something serious...I would know!!!!
Thank you in advance for all the reassurance.

traciec39
09-11-08, 01:23
hi darling

im really not sure what the heart symptoms are, but one thing i am sure of is that you would be suffering breathlessness, pressure on your chest etc.
Anxiety has a horrible habit of mimicing the illness that we fear the most, then we in turn feed the symptoms with fear, making the feeling so real.

if you are really worried maybe you should see your doc and have your bp taken and tell him or her exactly what you are worried about, doctors know heart symptoms very well and im sure they will reassure you.

Do you think it maybe a touch of indigestion, ive had those pains with that.

Take care and please stop worrying hunnie
luv Tracie xxx

cthechick84
09-11-08, 02:49
Hey ya it sounds like uv got costochondritis to me sweetie. dnt worry its not serious but it is very painful ive had it for 7months you see and its what has been causing my chest pains.anxiety aggravtes it even more as ur heart bets faster see. u shoud try not to worry i know its hard but stay calm.have u had ecg ? to check ur heart etc, i had ecg hearts fine so my doc diagnoesd Costochondritis it does get better but doesnt complety disapear i use ibruphen gel on the painful areas.im nt sayin this is wotu ave but it is common wiv people who have anxiety see so ask ur docotor.best wishes C.xxx keep me posted

Maybe_Baby
09-11-08, 15:49
The pain could all be down to stress and anxiety. I get alot of chest pain, and when i asked my doc he told me to just relax.