PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone.

Jan63
09-11-08, 14:59
I'm new here.:blush:

I have been diagnosed by a doctor as having anxiety problems after going to the doctors in a right state a few weeks ago because I had indigestion and heartburn. I did the stupidest thing possible and put my symptoms in ask.com and by the end of the day I had throat cancer, stomach cancer and every other possible cancer going.:blush: :blush: I went to the doctor nearly in tears and in a right state - I had made myself ill by worrying. I also felt I had something stuck in my throat all the time. He managed to calm me down a little and gave me some omeprazole (sp) tablets for the indigestion and he told me to have some blood tests done which I had to go back for the next morning. All the blood tests came back fine except one which was to see if I had a bacteria in my stomach called Helicobacter Pylori and that was positive and so he gave me two types of antibiotics to kill it off. I am now having bowel problems, losing mucous and I'm worrying myself silly all over again.:weep:

I am dreading going back to the doctors because I think they think I am a bit of an hyprocondriac because I have never been one for going much before and now I seem to keep finding things wrong with me. In the past I probably wouldn't have worried if I got this but now I seem to worry about every little thing possible.

Anybody else worry themselves silly like me?:blush:

Looks a great forum and just what I have been looking for, hope to talk to people about their experiences with anxiety.:)

titch
09-11-08, 15:10
:welcome: to nmp...you will find all the help and support u need here huni...feel free to message me if u ever need a chat.... xxxxx

Jan63
09-11-08, 15:11
Aww thanks.:)

anna66
09-11-08, 16:20
Hi there,

I too never went to the docs but now have been to A+E, out of hours GP at hospital and had six visits to the surgery LOL! Hey ho, I see it as time for the NHS to spend a little time and money on me. Ater 42 years of never needing them lol!
DONT GOOGLE, been there, done that, cried and died in a day!
It is so easy to get worked up about any little thing, just read my own posts.
xx

bottleblond
09-11-08, 16:35
Hi Jan

Welcome along to NMP :flowers:

Lisa
x

Jan63
09-11-08, 17:22
Hi there,

I too never went to the docs but now have been to A+E, out of hours GP at hospital and had six visits to the surgery LOL! Hey ho, I see it as time for the NHS to spend a little time and money on me. Ater 42 years of never needing them lol!
DONT GOOGLE, been there, done that, cried and died in a day!
It is so easy to get worked up about any little thing, just read my own posts.
xx
It's so nice to know that other people feel this way too because I don't know anyone else that does and I thought I was going mad.:weep:

I've done it again just read that mucous can be pancreatic cancer - when will I learn.:weep:

I really need to have ask.com and google blocked on my computer because I just can't help myself. I go there to try and make myself feel better about things and end up making myself feel a hundred times worse.:unsure:

spaced
09-11-08, 17:39
:welcome: hi and welcome to the site when i was at my worse i did the doctors and A+E i even thought about moving closer to the hospital.

Jan63
09-11-08, 17:44
Thanks everyone for the lovely welcomes, everyone seems friendly and it's great to know I'm not on my own with this.:D I didn't realise that this was anxiety untill the doctor told me.:unsure: I haven't done the A & E yet but no doubt I will get there.:wacko:

pooh
09-11-08, 22:59
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

Jan63
10-11-08, 09:58
Thanks Pooh and Tetley.:)

weeble40
10-11-08, 20:31
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx