PDA

View Full Version : MRI on Monday

kittykat
09-11-08, 16:33
Hi all,

got a phone call on friday from the xray dept saying that they had a cancellation for an mri scan.............so said that would be fine and now have the appointment for 4.30 on monday.
I'm just feeling really apprehensive not about the procedure but about what they may find, they said it will take about a week to week and a half for the results to come back and i know during this time my thought process will just be all over the place.
I mean how many times can you keep on being lucky and it not being something serious ...........see what i mean the dreaded HA kicking in all ready xxxx

gtrgrl3369
09-11-08, 16:36
I have had MRIs and CT scans and they told me the same thing, but I found out from my docotr that if anything was wrong they would know and do more teats the same day. The images come up on the screen right when they are doing it so please dont worry yourself. It will be fine. Take care.

belle
09-11-08, 16:54
What part of your body is the MRI on?

Trixie
09-11-08, 17:56
What part of your body is the MRI on?

That's what I wondered. I have them every six months on my head perhaps one day they will find one that isn't so noisy. You can take a CD along with you and they will play it for you.

kathyanne
09-11-08, 18:33
I had an MRI done 2 years ago. My doctor told the consultant that I suffer from HA and that if I waited I would lose it, so he told me the same day, as the picture tells them everything they need to know.

Don't worry you will be fine.

Trixie
09-11-08, 18:40
I had an MRI done 2 years ago. My doctor told the consultant that I suffer from HA and that if I waited I would lose it, so he told me the same day, as the picture tells them everything they need to know.

Don't worry you will be fine.

I was told about a month later that I had Tina Tumour (I didn't have any symptoms I had tinnitus-no connection that is why I had the MRI):)

kittykat
09-11-08, 19:01
Hi all,

My mri is for my lower back for the leg pain to see what is causing it , how long does it usually take xx

Karen
09-11-08, 19:13
I hope it all goes well for you KittyKat :hugs:

Karen xx

honeybee3939
09-11-08, 19:21
Good luck from me too hun, hope it all goes well:hugs: .

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Trixie
10-11-08, 07:21
Hi all,

My mri is for my lower back for the leg pain to see what is causing it , how long does it usually take xx

Well my brain one usually takes about 30 minutes but I am not sure how long yours will take. Good luck anyway.:yesyes:

fairyloveheart
10-11-08, 09:25
Hope it goes well today, xxx

kittykat
10-11-08, 11:38
thanks all, i'll let you know how it goes xx

rosy
10-11-08, 17:09
Hi kittykat

Let us all know how it went

Love Rosy:D

kittykat
10-11-08, 19:01
Well been for my mri, it was okay but i didn't realise it would be so noisy , i felt a bit panicky but just kept telling myself to keep calm. I also felt a bit claustrophobic, but they put some music on for me and it was over in about 20 mins.

I just wish i knew the results, the lady asked me who had referred me for it and i said my gp, im sure she was expecting me to say some consultant maybe its really something serious thats been found and thats why she was asking who i had been referred there by.

See thats me babbling on, its going to be a long week / week and a half.

:) :)

rosy
10-11-08, 20:06
Hi kittykat

Hope you are getting over it.

Let us all know how it went.

Love from Rosy

Trixie
11-11-08, 14:02
Well been for my mri, it was okay but i didn't realise it would be so noisy , i felt a bit panicky but just kept telling myself to keep calm. I also felt a bit claustrophobic, but they put some music on for me and it was over in about 20 mins.

I just wish i knew the results, the lady asked me who had referred me for it and i said my gp, im sure she was expecting me to say some consultant maybe its really something serious thats been found and thats why she was asking who i had been referred there by.

See thats me babbling on, its going to be a long week / week and a half.

:) :)

I doubt if that was the reason. The results would be read by the radiologist and then a letter would go out to your GP not a consultant as there wasn't one involved.

We can bring our own CD with us to mask the noise. I brought one by Adiemus the first time the second time I brought Victoria Wood but couldn't hear a thing that she said. I am due another one early next year and I won't be taking Victoria along with me.:shrug: