PDA

View Full Version : Nervous everyday, diazapam not working so well - could it be overactive thyroid?

Vickid
09-11-08, 17:10
I'm sick of waking up everymorning feeling nervous, I have had checks from hospital (no bloods taken) as they didn't think it necessary but someone mentioned over active thyroid. I'm really worried now.

:( the diazapam only take the edge off, but i'm really struggling to cope everyday with it.
x

yanksforever
09-11-08, 18:05
Get a blood test for your thyroid. Even if it is a little overactive, they'll just give you meds and then it'll calm down. It's nothign dangerous or life threatening and it's v ery common. But if they find it's not your thyroid, then you'll know it's anxiety.

Also I think you wake up in the morning expecting to be nervous and fearing you will be nervous again and it stays with you and happens over and over.

As for the thyroid- have you noticed an increase in appetite or menstruation cycle?

I really don't think you should be worried. I know nervousesness and sometimes it attacks me out of nowhere. It's really bad.

You've tried relaxation, exercise, proper diet, distraction?

Vickid
10-11-08, 20:52
My appetite hasn't increased to be honest hun. My period is an odd thing. I last had a period about three weeks ago, maybe just over three weeks ago, and then when all the drama started with the breathing and nervousness and I bled for a day, spotting mainly. Since then - I haven't came on yet. I am in pain though :-( my sides and back ache, had groin pain too, which isn't helpful when anxiety is present because one tends to think all sorts of sinnister things are happening.

P.S) Thanks for replying, much appreciated sweetie

P.SS) my periods have always been clockwork since I started, this month is first f up!

yanksforever
11-11-08, 15:22
Hmmm. Stress does cause changes in periods. You can go ahead and get a blood test for your peace of mind. I think it's t3 for thyroids. I had one done back in June when my own periods was going crazy (i had like 3 in the month of June) and it came back negative and since then my periods became a bit better.

It'll give you peace of mind and if it's negative you can talk with your doctor for other ways to treat nervousness. Sometimes changes in diet and exercise help.

But of course you have anxiety just like us all and that might be the cause.

:::HUGS::: Take care and I'm very sure you'll be ok. Stay strong.