PDA

View Full Version : I managed a night away... hurrah!

mjh74
12-06-05, 22:36
Well, I just thought I'd post to say that not only did I travel to stay with a friend for the weekend for the first time in 6 months, I managed to cook and have a good time to boot! My throat is feeling pretty nervous after it all and I'm doing my best not to work it and make it worse but the main thing is I stretched the boundaries and got away for the weekend, hurrah! :D

P.S. We were even singing to Madonna on the way back and for a nervous throat sufferer I thought this was pretty good too, just a good job no one else could hear us! lol

Mark x

henri
12-06-05, 22:40
mark, that is amazing news, WELL DONE!!
i find that peppermint or any other sort of mint tea really helps my throat when it's feeling tight.
congratulations mate!
henri x
ps i'm so impressed, i'll even forgive your karaoke antics!!

mjh74
12-06-05, 22:51
Aww thanks Henri! I will try the peppermint / mint tea, thanks for the suggestion!

As for the karaoke, I was actually on the harmonies! lol

Mark x

florence
12-06-05, 22:57
Very well done Mark [8D]

It proves we have the strength to do what seems impossible.
Way to go.

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Karen
13-06-05, 02:17
Well done Mark.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

BrandyK
13-06-05, 03:10
Great Job....

Brandy

pips
13-06-05, 10:23
CONGRATULATIONS and WELL DONE to you Mark you did so well YEAH!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work and the singing!!!!!

Take Care,

Love PIP'S XX XX

lainey
13-06-05, 10:32
Well done Mark!

Take care

Elaine x

carlin
13-06-05, 14:09
Brilliant Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chucklehound
13-06-05, 14:40
Well done [8D]

c.jackson

Piglet
13-06-05, 15:09
Mark thats really super - you must be dead chuffed with yourself.

Love Piglet[8D]

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

clickaway
13-06-05, 16:52
Oh well done Mark!

I'm down for three nights away soon and so posting this will get me in the right frame of mind!

Cheers,

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

LisaS
13-06-05, 18:29
hi Mark,

I have read your past posts so I realise this is a huge success for you!!! well done mate!! what a fantastic job!! you should be really proud of yourself!!

madonnas great to sing out loud too - also you should try Spandau Ballet 'Gold'!!

well done,
Lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Meg
13-06-05, 18:39
Mark...

Many congratulations indeed

nomorepanic
13-06-05, 19:54
Mark

A big well done as I know it was hard for you to do this [:P]

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

angieb
13-06-05, 22:52
Mark - as a fellow throatie who spent yesterday at our BBQ hogging the karaoke (?) - I salute you - great feeling isn't it [8D]

mjh74
14-06-05, 05:02
Wow, look at all these replies! Thank you so much for your encouragement.... all of you!!

*mental note 1 - Try singing to Spandau Ballet 'Gold' (great song!)*

*mental note 2 - Try and match angieb at karaoke! :D*

And yes, I am posting this at 5am as I've been asleep a lot of the day with a migraine and woke up as fresh as a daisy at 3am! [Oops!]
Nevertheless, I am still sitting here with a smile and believe that the weekend really has nudged me another step forward.

Mark
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(There, they should cover everyone's replies! :D)

Meg
14-06-05, 05:39
Hi , You're not the only one up ..

I'm off to work !

Hope migraine settles

Meg

Karen
14-06-05, 05:53
I sympathise about the migraine Mark, as I have one too. Hope it has now settled.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.