PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new, nice to meet everyone!

xx_x_sian_x_xx
09-11-08, 18:47
Hi everybody!
My name is Sian and I am 17 =]

I really look forward to speaking to everybody and trying to get to the bottom of my problems, as I have been 'seriously ill', 'dying', 'having a heart attack' etc etc... for the past 6 weeks, but reading some of the threads on here has already helped to calm me down a bit so thank you. :)

I have been having:
Bad stitch-like chest pains
Shallow breathing (OR breathing physically fine but feeling like I am 'not benefitting from breathing' if that makes sense...)
Tightness in throat/difficulty swallowing
Aching neck/back
Numbness/tingling in arms and legs
Headaches + blurred vision

These have been pretty consistent for last 6 weeks and I was beginning to accept that it was anxiety, however last night I developed a very sore throat and a rash all over my body. Can these be stress related too?

I can't seem to get my head around the fact that there's no tablet the doctors can give me to just get rid of it like anything else, and am worried as I am due to sit my A2 exams this January and June, and am unable to concentrate because of the feelings I am having (in fact, I am supposed to be doing my Chemistry coursework right now lol).

If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it :)

Sian xxxx

PS. Sorry for the really long post, I'm just kinda letting it all out now I've found people who understand how I've been feeling lol.

jodie
09-11-08, 19:02
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

jodie x

spaced
09-11-08, 20:56
:welcome: hi and welcome to the site

bottleblond
09-11-08, 21:13
Hi Sian

Welcome along to NMP :flowers:

Nice to meet you

Lisa
xx

pooh
09-11-08, 23:00
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

swirledpeacat
09-11-08, 23:06
Hi Sian,

I suffered from panic attacks, infact they started, during my a levels - not surprising really, they wern't a walk in the park (but I did really well in the end, and I'm sure you will too :-D).

Unfortunately panic/anxiety symptoms don't go away overnight and they can be extremely varied, but you can get through it. Yes, i wish there was a magic pill too, have you been to the doctor about your anxiety? Have you sought any help in the form of counselling or CBT?

All the best, you will find lots of support here, pm me if you ever want to chat or have any questions about anxiety.

Cat xx.

weeble40
10-11-08, 20:33
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

milly jones
18-11-08, 18:05
a warm welcome to no more panic

milly xx