PDA

View Full Version : New member asking about head pressure

alisone
09-11-08, 19:13
:) Hi I'm new to this but have already found reassurance on this site. I have sufferred panic and anxiety for many years following the death of my parents. This symptom is one that I have never experienced before and it is a feeling that something is pressing on my head. It is not painful but its like I am wearing a hat. Sometimes it feels tingly. GP says its tension but I am not sure. Has anyone had this and how do I get rid of it.

london
09-11-08, 19:17
it is tension i think most people have had it, wish you better

bottleblond
09-11-08, 19:34
Hi there

Welcome along to NMP :flowers:

Also sounds very much like tension headaches to me too. I get them now and again, Like you say, it's not painfull but more like a preasure.

Do you have any relaxation cd's? They can be very helpfull.
Also relaxation excersises focusing on the head and neck muscles are very good too.

If you need any tips on the relaxation excersises, just PM me.

Love Lisa
xxx

Veronica H
09-11-08, 20:47
:welcome: Alisone you will find comfort and support here.

Veronica

kendo59
09-11-08, 20:51
:) Hi I'm new to this but have already found reassurance on this site. I have sufferred panic and anxiety for many years following the death of my parents. This symptom is one that I have never experienced before and it is a feeling that something is pressing on my head. It is not painful but its like I am wearing a hat. Sometimes it feels tingly. GP says its tension but I am not sure. Has anyone had this and how do I get rid of it.

Just think, 100 years ago they would drill a hole in your skull to relieve the pressure. Nowadays they give you a couple of aspirin.

pooh
09-11-08, 23:00
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

alisone
10-11-08, 14:32
Thanks so much for all your replies. I don't feel so alone now! I thought that I had experienced every symptom on this forum but this is a new one for me.

weeble40
10-11-08, 20:30
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx