PDA

View Full Version : anxiety

melvin
09-11-08, 19:44
hi everyone just wanderd if anyone feels like this i feel nervous most days i suffer with bad dreams and feel tired most days i feel ugly and old im 44 i was told i had to wear glasses but when i wear them i feel people are looking at me i then go all nervous and cant look people in the face . i allso have health anxiety i cant seem to be able to settle down i get bored very easy i have no patience with people and when people talk to me i dont listen to them its like im in a kind of buble or somethink i allso get stressed doing simple things like preparing dinner or going shoping its like i cant cope with it

Yvonne
09-11-08, 21:09
Well you are suffering anxiety that's for sure. The dreams are anxiety, the tiredness is caused by the anxiety wearing you out cos it's using up all the adrenaline and the bad dreams are probably giving you a poor sleep.

No one is looking at you in your glasses and that's a promise, I think when we are feeling anxious whether we are wearing glasses or not we think people are noticing how we feel. It's horrible. Not listening to people is all part of it cos when you feel so anxious you just think "oh i wish you'd stop talking and go away". All anxiety and most would have been there.

You take care. Do some relaxation and try to get thoughts out of your mind that people are noticing you cos they really aren't.

swirledpeacat
09-11-08, 23:23
Hi Melvin, sorry to hear Mrs anxiety is causing you so many problems.

Try to take each step one day at a time. When you are struggling to do a task, say the cooking, take a moment to step away from the situation, acknowledge the anxiety and tell yourself you can overcome this and it is just anxiety, do you ahve any relaxation techniques?

Do you have any hobbies/interests you enjoy doing? I find that my hobbies give me time to get away from the anxiety and focus on something else for a change.

All the best hun.

Cat xx.

melvin
10-11-08, 07:14
thank you both for ur reply its good to know other people understand where ur comeing from