PDA

View Full Version : ARE THEY THERE TO HELP OR JUST AFTER YOUR MONEY??

Chris X
12-06-05, 23:21
Hi, I've been writing this post over and over again trying to find a way of explaining or warning people about the dangers and costs of joining groups or organisations that claim to cure anxiety or depression at a very high cost without myself being taken to court because ive basically signed on the dotted line, this gives me no rights whatsoever to sue or publicly warn people of these types of groups.
I've spent nearly 2 hours trying to find a way writing a way of warning vunerable people like ourselfs who basically just want to be the way we were without slagging down a certain organisation that cost me thousands of pounds which claimed to cure all anxiety related problems.I have succesfully managed to recoupe some of the money i donated( as they call it) providing i dont go public or put down there organisation. It's been a long hard battle which was worth it as it proved they were incompetent , uneducated in this field, and unable to deliver what they promised.
The point im trying to make is dont make make the mistake i did, When an organisation tries to brainwash you with a soft approach and leads to a hard sell the chances are they are fake. This whole episode caused me to have worse anxiety, depression ,panic attacks and a feeling of being alone as i kept this from my family and close friends as i thought they wouldnt understand if they knew i was doing at the time.
After searching on the web and finding NO MORE PANIC and and joining NO PANIC the charity i realised that there are people and organisations that really do make the effort to help sufferers like ourselfs and it comes as a massive relive to know we are not alone and that we can share experiances good and bad to overcome this. This website has been brilliant from day 1 when i came across it, The info is spot on , theres a good chat room and thanks again Nichola and your team for making this website and helping people like myself.

jill
13-06-05, 09:04
Hi Chris,

Thank you soooo much for taking time to warn us about some organistaions. When I first came in search for help on the internet this was one of my fears. I would of given anything to make myself better.
Mrs anixaty was always there saying, " be carfull there only after your money" I sat at the Pc for hours shaking in my chair and feeling soooo scared. Then I found this site, even then I was very scared even to type my name in. This site has been a godsend because now I am alot better.
Soooo sorry to hear what you have had to go through Chris. Its horrible to think that there are people out there who get rich off other people's suffering.
I do hope Chris that you can put this behind you now and move on and learn like I have done through this site to feel better. On this site I call everyone special people because that is what they are. They take time out to help other sufferers even though they are suffering as well.
You too are a special person.
Thank you again Chris.

WISHING YOU WELL

LOVE JILLXX

pips
13-06-05, 10:37
Thanks alot for that Chris!

I think I will just stick to NO MORE PANIC and NO PANIC!

Sorry you had to go through all that. It can be a cruel world at times huh!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

florence
13-06-05, 16:23
Hi Chris

How are you?
Thanks for giving us warning...We already spoke about it before and you know I had a similar experience. I am glad to hear that you got some money back, altho they 're way out of order for asking you to give money in the first place and promising things that are just lies.
It's a shame that you didnt get all of your money back.
I almost signed a contract once, but just before doing so, I realised it wasn't right when I read " you must give 10% of your salary every month to the organisation" ( I don't want to give any names.)...At the time, I was jobless, had severe anxiety and was struggling paying bills. I don't really call this a good way of helping.
That is when i realised it was all bulls**t.

Regards.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

nomorepanic
13-06-05, 20:20
Chris

Thanks for the warning!

I am sorry that it caused you not only to lose some money but also a lot of stress and worry. That stinks eh?

Most support groups are free and run by like-minded people that will help others so stick with us and "No Panic" and I am sure you will be fine for the future.

No-one can offer a miracle cure and then charge you for it - it just doesn't work like that and whilst there are free sites out there then you are better off joining them.

Glad NoMorePanic and No Panic have helped you a lot along the way.

xx

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Chris X
13-06-05, 23:38
Hi Jill, thanks for your reply. It's hard to know where to look when your suffering but im glad you've found this site too, all the best and good luck, Chris.
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Chris,

Thank you soooo much for taking time to warn us about some organistaions. When I first came in search for help on the internet this was one of my fears. I would of given anything to make myself better.
Mrs anixaty was always there saying, " be carfull there only after your money" I sat at the Pc for hours shaking in my chair and feeling soooo scared. Then I found this site, even then I was very scared even to type my name in. This site has been a godsend because now I am alot better.
Soooo sorry to hear what you have had to go through Chris. Its horrible to think that there are people out there who get rich off other people's suffering.
I do hope Chris that you can put this behind you now and move on and learn like I have done through this site to feel better. On this site I call everyone special people because that is what they are. They take time out to help other sufferers even though they are suffering as well.
You too are a special person.
Thank you again Chris.

WISHING YOU WELL

LOVE JILLXX

<div align="right">Originally posted by jill - 13 June 2005 : 09:04:03</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Chris X
13-06-05, 23:44
Hi Pips, I totally agree with you, i'll only stick with these 2 sites from now on, All the best, Chris.
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Thanks alot for that Chris!

I think I will just stick to NO MORE PANIC and NO PANIC!

Sorry you had to go through all that. It can be a cruel world at times huh!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

<div align="right">Originally posted by pips - 13 June 2005 : 10:37:29</div id="right">

Chris X
13-06-05, 23:57
Hi Florence, Im fine thanks and hope you are well too. I'm glad you didnt sign anything. We learn from our mistakes and ive learn a valuble lesson from this as i know you did too from your experiance.I dont think people realise what there in for and i think its ashame that all we wanted was someone to help us in our times of troubles. It makes me sick to think i cant say what i want and to name them just in case they use it against me if they took me to court.Apart from that i hope to speak to you soon , Take care, Chris xxx The law
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Chris

How are you?
Thanks for giving us warning...We already spoke about it before and you know I had a similar experience. I am glad to hear that you got some money back, altho they 're way out of order for asking you to give money in the first place and promising things that are just lies.
It's a shame that you didnt get all of your money back.
I almost signed a contract once, but just before doing so, I realised it wasn't right when I read " you must give 10% of your salary every month to the organisation" ( I don't want to give any names.)...At the time, I was jobless, had severe anxiety and was struggling paying bills. I don't really call this a good way of helping.
That is when i realised it was all bulls**t.

Regards.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

<div align="right">Originally posted by florence - 13 June 2005 : 16:23:21</div id="right">

Chris X
14-06-05, 00:00
Thank you again Nicola, All the best , Chris xxx Thanks for the warning!

I am sorry that it caused you not only to lose some money but also a lot of stress and worry. That stinks eh?

Most support groups are free and run by like-minded people that will help others so stick with us and "No Panic" and I am sure you will be fine for the future.

No-one can offer a miracle cure and then charge you for it - it just doesn't work like that and whilst there are free sites out there then you are better off joining them.

Glad NoMorePanic and No Panic have helped you a lot along the way.

xx

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 13 June 2005 : 20:20:14</div id="right">
[/quote]