PDA

View Full Version : Depersonalisation and waking

Cheeky220
10-11-08, 12:41
Hi does anyone who suffers from depersonalisation have any tips on coping with first waking in the morning? Does anyone feel that they panic when they first wake? Any other coping tips for this horrible symptom i wud also appreciate.

Vickid
10-11-08, 21:31
Hi sweetie.

Do you feel nervous when you wake up? and immediatley become aggitated?

Basically, I wake up and i'm quite chilled (despite finding it hard to get to sleep as my body isn't used to be relaxed the past few weeks, and it jumps and goes banana's when it's time to rest!) but first thing in the morning when I wake up my state is relaxed until I remember how ill I feel, I feel anxious and I worry about worrying.

You know a really good thing I've started doing, as soon as you wake up, put the radio on and lay there a bit listening to the music and then get up, keep the music on and distract yourself a bit. By this time I usually take a pill, but I've only had one diazapam today and so far I'm not nervous and I've been out for a meal with my partner which is a huge step as I haven't been going out. The breathing is the worst, being very aware of your breathing and then the nervousness starts again. It's a vicious cycle sweetie.

x

BasilCat
11-11-08, 11:36
Hi Cheeky220, Go to www.anxietynomore.co.uk (http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk) and on the left hand side of the home page you will see a list and Depersonalisation is at the bottom of the list. Click on it and it takes you to a page all about it. I have had Depersonalisation ( I call it unreality) for 2.5 years now but its getting less and I am not as scared or as worried by it. I have had more than my fair share though so I understand completely how you feel about it.

Shirley