PDA

View Full Version : Just found an old diary...

janeybaby25
10-11-08, 14:26
when I was first diagnosed with anxiety early last yr, I was asked to keep a diary of how I felt & how anxious I felt on a scale of 1-10 on a daily basis. I had totally forgotton I had done this & was just searching for a memory stick in my desk draw & came across it. I felt so uplifted on how much better I am, even though at times I don't feel it & also the symtoms I had I had completley forgotton that I had suffered from, like I had written on a few entries I wasn't sleeping & I was going to sleep & then waking up an hr later & staying awake all night worrying, I don't have that anymore & I had forgotton I had suffered from that. It just goes to show you much better you can get in time & when accepting it is anxiety & not something more sinister! It actually made me cry in parts, where I had written, I feel like I am not going to be here for much longer & I want to write my family a letter to say how much I love them all. Anyway, just wanted to share it with you all, to show they is hope for us all! xxxx

thoughts and actions
10-11-08, 14:59
hey

i also have kept an anxiety diary since jan this year- it was called "my worry cure" lol initally i wrote in it daily then june july time weekly- last night i looked through it and like u got really emotional and cant believe how much i have changed- even the way i look at things now or see things- i was reading parts of the diary last night and i new i wasnt accepting what i had was anx- was trying to put it down to something physical- there are days where i do feel ive not made progress but looking at that i know for sure- am back to work full time full shifts- somethig i never imagined doing-

xx

Baggie
10-11-08, 15:00
Thanks for sharing this Janey.

I've started keeping a journal since I experienced my first panic attack and feelings of anxiety back in September. I try to write down the good days as well as the not so good, so I have some thing positive to focus on!

I'm glad you've managed to come this far. It does give other people hope!

Baggie :)

swirledpeacat
10-11-08, 20:14
I think I may try this after reading everyones comments. I have suffered from anxiety for 18 months now, everything was going ok but this week I have started getting panic attacks again (I think this is due to the fact I have so much uni work to do and feel like I can't do it!)

I'm hoping these feelings will pass soon :-S

honeybee3939
10-11-08, 21:36
Hi Janey

Sounds like you have made some great progress after looking back at your notes hun.:yesyes: :yesyes:

I always found making notes about progress a good thing too, then when you are having a rotten day you can look back and tell yourself i have made achievemnets too.:) That always makes my rotten days a bit better:) .

Well done on your progress:yesyes:
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

janeybaby25
11-11-08, 08:51
I think I may try this after reading everyones comments. I have suffered from anxiety for 18 months now, everything was going ok but this week I have started getting panic attacks again (I think this is due to the fact I have so much uni work to do and feel like I can't do it!)

I'm hoping these feelings will pass soon :-S

Hi Cat, yes I know what its like to have so much uni work on & the attacks to start up again after so long. Wishing you lots of luck. xxx:hugs:

titchjd
11-11-08, 08:57
Hiya hun
So glad 2 hear u are doing so much better .I kept a diary aswell and its from June when I was really ill.......i was having a really rough time last week and got my diary back out 2 write in it and was amazed at how far I have come ..ok its not easy still at the moment but in June I couldnt even leave the house ..now Im back at work (not anxiety free but Im there ),and managed my friends hen night which for me was a HUGE thing ......
It shows that things can and do get better it just takes time xxxxx

Hugs
Titchjd xxxxxxxxxx

Cherbear
11-11-08, 11:19
I'm glad it helped you Janey:hugs: Every step forward is great! I am too scared to read my diary from when I was 15/16, however I found the one from when I was 11 and it's rather funny! :D xx

Cherbear
11-11-08, 11:20
Oooh off topic but it's the 11/11 and I had 111 posts when I posted that! Spoooooooooky! ;) xx