PDA

View Full Version : Bedmonster says hello

bedmonster
10-11-08, 19:28
:) Hello everyone from a newbie! I'm bedmonster but you can also call me Katt. I found this site a couple of weeks ago after I'd braved going to my GP to discuss 'anxiety'. This is something I've had for years and years - I used to get panic attacks, mainly at work, but learned strategies for coping with them, in the last 5 years or so after relocating away from London, I thought things would get better but really they haven't much. The panic attacks have gone, what I get now is more like feeling distanced when I get anxious, sort of light headed and a bit spaced out. I hope that makes sense. I have developed an aversion to eating out as well, basically because it makes me anxious.

Anyway, I went to my GP a couple of weeks ago (I went about 3 years ago to see another one and he told me to 'pull myself together' so that put me off), this one has been really good, put me on a low dose of beta blockers and referred me for cbt which I am hoping will sort me out.:huh: I have questions about my medication which I will leave for a more appropriate thread, this is mainly to say hello.

I can't begin to list all the stuff I have tried over the years from self help books to distraction techniques to expensive internet courses (that didn't work) to stress tapes, and sometimes I have gone through some okay months but unfortunately the symptoms have come back in one form or another. Like perhaps many others, I am sick of all this in my life and just want to get on with my day to day living and enjoy things a bit more. Apart from the eating out thing - which I must admit I avoid (and yes I know I shouldn't) I don't let it stop me doing much, I just grit my teeth, have some rescue remedy or whatever. I am determined to get there - eventually.

So that's about it. I am not working at the moment but that is nothing to do with the anxiety, I do have an 'as and when' job but haven't been called on recently to do it!

Jaco45er
10-11-08, 19:31
Congratulations, you have won the "best nickname" competition.

Welcome :)

Jaco

spaced
10-11-08, 19:52
:welcome: hi and welcome to the site

bedmonster
10-11-08, 19:57
Thank you, I do indeed feel welcome and confident that this is going to help with all the difficult stuff. :)

titchjd
10-11-08, 20:01
Hiya ..and welcome 2 NMP
You will get lots of help and support on here x

hugs
Titchjd x

kittyk
10-11-08, 20:08
hello
welcome x

weeble40
10-11-08, 20:26
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

pooh
13-11-08, 09:03
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

milly jones
18-11-08, 17:54
a warm welcome to no more panic

milly xx