PDA

View Full Version : Damp weather wiping me out!

dorabella
10-11-08, 21:50
Is anyone else feeling physically flat and wiped out with the change in the weather?

Today has been my worst day since the clocks went back and the weather has turned damp, raining and miserable. Woke up this morning feeling as if I have been run over by a ten-ton truck. Aching all over, feeling exhausted and no energy. Work was pretty stressful at the end of last week and I just feel as if everything is piling on top of me.

Not sure how to get over this particular spell. Any suggestions anyone?

yorkylover
10-11-08, 23:04
I have been pretty flat since the darker nights have come in and the wet and miserable weather.Quite down and tired all the time.:weep:

yanksforever
11-11-08, 15:30
Damp weather and lack of sunlight does effect humans physically. I think what you need to do is take the weekend to pamper yourself. Eat well, get some z's and talk a walk. Keep yourself warm. I really don't have any other suggestions. A warm bubble bath would be nice! Perhaps a foot massage or pedicure?

I lived in NYC all my life and even in the winter there is usually some sunshine. Now Im in Pakistan and the sunshine doesn't stop!!!!

kellie
11-11-08, 16:28
Yes ive noticed that the weather has this effect on me
i have no energy all my bones ache, my head is fuzzy, and i just seem to want to sleep ( but i dont )
everything just seems like such a big effort and im miserable.

Ddcoo
12-11-08, 14:38
I just hate the winter when it is cold, dark and wet and I too just stay in my bed for as long as I can. One day last week the morning started off exceptionally dark and wet and I didn't get up, but at 11.30 am the sun came out and I changed completely, I got up and dressed and then did loads of housework. I think I suffer from SAD (seasonal effected disorder) and I am just about to look on internet with a view to buying a light therapy lamp which are supposed to be brilliant if you feel this way. Wish I could hibernate in the winter as I feel so low, I don't want to go anywhere, I go off my food and get depressed, so you are not alone. Can't wait for Spring:)