PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

missymoo
11-11-08, 00:59
Hellooo! This is my first post, I'm not really sure what to say so I'll just tell you a little about me...

My name is Melissa, I live in Arizona with my husband of 12 years and our three beautiful children Ashton age 8, Maren age 5 and Sam age 2. I found this forum while searching for information on coming off celexa. I started taking celexa about two years ago for postpartum depression. My PPD started as baby blues a few days after my third baby was born, I was having completly irrational thoughts, crying in the shower, didn't want to leave the house, I felt hopeless and anxious. I should have talked to my doctor about it but I really thought I could deal with it on my own. I was starting to feel much better but about 4 months after the baby was born when we found out that he had a life threatening birth defect and needed major intestional surgery. I was so worried and scared, my anxiety peeked and could feel depression taking hold of me again. I decided to see a doctor. I was perscribed 20 mm of celexa. I did really well with the celexa, it took the edge off and made me feel like I could handle things.

Our baby is 2 1/2 now, he's healthy and strong, I feel like I'm ready to deal with my anxiety on my own. I want to be chemically free from medications. I'm here to get support while I come off my medication. I'm having withdrawl symptoms that make me feel pretty icky. I took half a dose of celexa every other day for a week and then stopped. I feel like I'm in a bubble, my eyes feel weird, I'm sleepy and easially annoyed.

I'm off to read some other posts in hopes of getting some great info!

THANKS for reading! I'll see ya around!

-Melissa

weeble40
11-11-08, 09:27
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

missymoo
11-11-08, 19:35
Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll keep my eyes open for you both as I post around the forum.

titch
11-11-08, 19:47
:welcome: to nmp..its great to have u here hun...im so sorry to hear about your tough times atleast your through them now ey....i hope to cya in chat sometime...this site has been a great help with me im sure it will be the same for u hun....cya around xxxxxxxx

pooh
13-11-08, 09:05
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

milly jones
18-11-08, 17:54
a warm welcome to no more panic

milly xx