PDA

View Full Version : Ectopics on walking and climbing the stairs

Rachey poos
11-11-08, 07:35
I need to know does any one on this forum suffer with a bout of ectopics after they have climbed the stairs or when you are walking! This is what is driving my life into pure misery and fear!!!:wacko: :wacko: ... I have had panic disorder for 17 yrs now and on and off have had ectopics, but after a huge panic attack last yr whilst biking up a hill and my heart going crazy with an eposode of the most awful beats (before that episode I was swimming and allsorts to get fir).... but now I am scared to do anything strenuous...My husband thinks it is the fear of doing someting that is causing them, I have to go everywhere on my bike as I am scared to walk:blush: ..... some days I am fine,, but before i go upstairs I have to prepare myself, so I am already getting myself in a tis before I set one foot on the stupid first step!!! But my main question is with these folk who have ectopics all day long like me...do you get them also on excercise or not! Thanks xx:scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15:

Vicki08
11-11-08, 18:00
Hi ya,

Yeah I get them lots when I do anything physical such as walking or climbing stairs. I had them when I was painting a wall the other day!

I think it is because when you do anything like climbing the stairs your heart has to work harder and you become more aware of your heartbeat also when you do anything physical your body releases a certain amount of adrenalin - which makes your heart beat faster and can miss beats.

My doc said that a lot of sports men and women get ectopics but they probably don't notice them as they are so fit and are not aware of their heartbeat like us anxious people are!

Hope this helps you :bighug1:

Vicki x

leeann
11-11-08, 19:21
im so glad you posted this. Every night when I put my little girl to bed my heart starts going so fast when i walk up the stairs. then I start to panic. I should really do more exercise to get my self fit :) thanks for post x

Rachey poos
11-11-08, 23:14
when i excercise it as if my heart is beating irregular but when i take my pulse in my neck ( whilst riding my bike...how sad am I ) it is missing beats and doing shallow ones and harder ones shallow ....hard, which makes it feel irregular, but i get so het up about walking that when i do i get a tightness in my chest and heavyness,... But on some days I am ok...I just want this to end and get my life back ...to make it worse I dont go to the doctors due to a doctor/hospital phobia...plus the agrophobia...so i feel like so trapped sometimes....

Cathy V
11-11-08, 23:19
Hi Rach, havent you posted about this before, about the ectopics and going upstairs and exercise I mean? Or am i getting you mixed up with someone else..apologies if i am :) xxx

Rachey poos
12-11-08, 08:11
Hi Cathy no I havn't ever started it as a new thread....but you may have read it in one of my posts..... why hun? ..... :)

Cathy V
12-11-08, 09:08
The reason I asked you this, was that i was about to reply to your new thread about ectopics and thought it sounded familiar, so i revived 2 or 3 of your past threads about ectopics when going upstairs and exercising, coz i thought i remembered replying to them in the past. No need for me to reply with the same advice again, but just to say that im sorry you are still bothered by them.

Take care
cathy xxx :flowers:

Rachey poos
12-11-08, 09:36
Sorry to have offended you ...but i see alot of people on here repepating them selves i can only say for myself that this is def part to do with anxiety symptoms and reassurance.... if you feel you have answered me already then please dont let me feel gulity for putting it again! just ignore my posts..... it's a good job you dont live with me hun....i ask my hubby the same stuff every day for reassurance!:blush:

Cathy V
12-11-08, 09:45
No I wasnt offended Rach, and wasnt my intention to make you feel guilty, and yes you're right, instead of pointing it out to you i should have ignored it. I will in future.

Take care
Cathy xxx

Rachey poos
12-11-08, 14:39
Thank you... i would appreiciate that hun,otherwise what's the point in coming here for me.:weep:

Cathy V
12-11-08, 14:59
Sorry Rach, i think you mistunderstood me...it happens :)

I think the point i was trying to make was that your opening line of, "I need to know if there's anyone on the forum who...." made it sound like you didnt know anyone else with these ectopics, when in fact you know alot of us on here who suffer with this problem, so i was a bit confused. Probably just the way it was worded, it sounded like you were a newbie!

Cathy xxx :D

cassi23
12-11-08, 15:15
Hi Rach,

hope your ok now, i get ectopics when doing silly stuff like walking up the stairs,walking and it scares the life outta me, also when carrying heavy things like my little girl! lol, they are so annoying and i know what you're going through.

After 17 years hun you are still here! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rachey poos
12-11-08, 16:01
Hi Cassie, I have had these beats for a while now, but the main concern is the violent ones after going up the stairs and walkin etc..i hate it... its just reassuring when you know someone is so like you.... i know lots on here who have ectopics but still every one is different.. like some peeps panic with like 4 an hr.... please try 30 in a min LOL..... so we are all different... i look back at old posts for reassurance co i think good advice and reassurance wears off then you start the cycle all over again...worry xx its hard going!

jodie
16-11-08, 18:15
hiya rach

sorry your not to good with these dam ectopics

i to get them not as bad as i used to thank god but i do get them when walking and going up the stairs not all the time but from time to time i do

also you can feel free to post as many times as you like about the same thing i did when i was bad with them i kinda needed to get reasurance from people thats what the forum is for and dose not do no body harm only good hun
i hope they get better try not to worry about them hun you will be just fine

jodie xxx

bottleblond
16-11-08, 18:39
Hey Rach

Yeah just to shadow what Jodie has said, feel free to post as much as you like on the same subject. Let's face it, the more we post, the more help and advice we will recieve.

I hope you are feeling alot better today.

Lisa
xxx

:flowers:

Mikke
16-11-08, 19:22
Hi there Rachey :)

I work out a lot (at least 5 days a week), and I was terrified from having them when I was either lifting weights or running on a threadmill). I had read that ectopics are only of concern if you get them while excersizing - because normally they tend to disappear as your pulse gets higher.

However- this is not true!
I talked to a cardiologist who said that it's perfectly normal to have them also when you work out - but usually they are harder to recognize beacuse you pulse is alreday beeting fast.

I get them all the time while exercising. I hate them more when they show up at excersize though - as they feel "harder" beacuse of the high bloodpressure.

:hugs:

Rachey poos
17-11-08, 07:56
thank you so much you guys, jodie im so glad you are feelin better and i remember giving you advice a few yrs ago when i didint have them, (had had them but they left me for years) it funny how it goes ... bottleblond sorry you get them too hun and thanks for your support...mike... thanks for that advice, makes sense dont it!!! these past few days have been the best in ages, I have been walkin upstairs at tims with NONE this is reasuurance guys...gteat site and i would hate to stop posting here!