PDA

View Full Version : Cyclothymia / Bipolar

Jon06121974
11-11-08, 09:25
Hi Guys

I find myself back on the forum as i have found i am starting to slip backwards after 4 months off of venlafaxin and quetapine.

I was initially diagnosed as suffering cyclothymia by a psychologist 8 months ago after about 6 months of being told i had anxiety by every normal GP. I improved greatly after 3 month course of meds but following a rough spell with my previous job i have noticed that i am slipping again on a daily basis.

My worst symptoms are that my nervous system seems to be effected and whilest i dont feel anxious i seem to get very tired and my eyes look black! eventually i get anxiety and very sensitised nerves that leaves me having panic attacks and hypoglyceimic attacks on a daily basis.

I have tried to be more relaxed and slow down but since ive have seemed to have crossed the line due to stress i have been having the mood swings, depressive days and mania, last night i was exhausted and felt the weakness in my legs and stomach that caused me so many problems 6 months ago.

Ive booked a gp appointment today as i am hopefully starting a new job soon and i want to get myself back on track but am wary that venlafaxin made me very tired. Has anyone else experienced these sort of symptoms and if so any advise on how to deal with them? I was told that i am not bipolar but im not convinced as i have a lot of the symptoms but not on a daily basis until my nerves tire.

Any thoughts or advise would be very welcome. Just down at the moment as i believed i had got a grip on this. I just feel like i have crossed a line and after that line i cant control the decline. Also any meds people have had to help lift them again short term?

Thanks for reading

Jon

Mrs Pink
11-11-08, 20:37
Just so you don't think you are being ignored- good luck and I hope your GP is helpful and you get back on track soon.

ElizabethJane
11-11-08, 22:09
Did you take yourself off your meds or did your GP do it? It sounds very much as if you need to be on a mood stabiliser. Did you have a bad reaction to the quetipine and venlafaxine? I'm sorry that you are feeling unwell again.

Jon06121974
12-11-08, 17:08
Hi thanks for replys

I was taken off of the meds after 3-4 months as i had shown a great deal of improvement and i guess it was to see how i would get on. i did well for 3 months and then i had a bad time at work and since then ive been slipping.

I spoke to my Psyciatrist yesterday and he has asked me to hold off returning to meds for 2 weeks and see if i can stabilise myself. if not its back on venlafaxine and quetapine again

ElizabethJane
12-11-08, 18:47
Do you feel that you can cope without the meds Jon? At least you have been in touch with your psychiatrist again. They are a strange bunch. If I showed the slightest sign of relapsing it would be double the dose of everything again. I would see how you are up to the weekend and if things are really bad contact him again. I hope things work out for you.