PDA

View Full Version : Back from Docs.....Update

Vinny
11-11-08, 10:42
Just to let you know I went to the docs last night and had my blood pressure checked, it was still high 156/86. I've got to go back next week and have it checked again and if it's still high I've got to wear a monitor for 24 hours to get an average reading. When I got home I decided to do a relaxtion CD as I felt this would help lower my BP. Well it was still 152/80 when I'd finished!! I was so disappointed cos I felt sure the relaxtion exercise would calm it down. Checked it as soon as I woke up this morning and again an hour later and it was normal 127/72. I was so releaved but I know I will dread getting it checked again next week :weep: .

Missy69
11-11-08, 11:05
Hiya Vinny,
I always have worry about my blood pressure also, i was asked to monitor it myself for a week, as the doc new i would be more relaxed at home. Everything was fine with my readings.

But interestingly, i find the same with the relaxation, i do relax to lower my blood pressure and sometimes i find it to be very high when i check it straight after, for me i need to relax daily, then it pays off. Also being aware that your blood pressure is high, for me, my blood pressure instantly goes up as soon as get on the machine at home, i just sit there and relax and wait for it to come down. It always doeas.

Try not to give up on your relaxation, i just know for me it really really pays off, i find myself more relaxed in so many situations after, just having learned how to be relaxed. I have some relaxation downloads on my computer, so just pm me if you would like me to send them to you.

Good luck and try not to worry to much about your appointment next week, Take care

Vinny
11-11-08, 15:36
Thank you for your reply and re-assurance Sarah. It's so nice when someone answers my posts :-)

I'll try not to worry x

Missy69
11-11-08, 16:56
No problem Vinny,
some times when i put a post on, i bring back to the top so its not missed. People do try and help if they can, i know its easier said than done some one saying try not to worry. Sorry i couldnt help much more than that. Take care

MONKEE_MAGIK
11-11-08, 17:01
Hi Vinny,

I know this feeling. Whenever I have my blood pressure taken at the Doctors it is always high so I invested in one of the home monitors to put my mind a ease. Once I am relaxed my BP is normal (I tend to watch tv when taking it so I am thinking about something else).

I agree with Sarah that you should carry on with the relaxation. Try a guided meditation CD so you have something to focus on. It takes time to learn to relax fully but learning to meditate allows you to relax your mind quickly.

Hope that puts your mind at ease a bit? :)

Jan63
11-11-08, 17:37
Sorry to hear your blood pressure was still high but I'm sure you will be fine. {{{{HUGS}}}} Both my sisters have got high blood pressure and ones on tablets and she's absolutely fine - lives her life as normal, works, goes on cruises etc.

My blood pressure was taken earlier this year and the nurse was concerned because it was very high although she didn't tell me what it was but she did it again a minute or two later and it was fine - I had been really relaxed the first time it was taken too so it was a bit of a shock to find out it was high. The second time she took it and I was anxious because she said it was high and then it was okay. Also when I was really anxious and out of my mind with worry the other week over something my blood pressure which I thought would be sky high was perfectly normal.

Vinny
12-11-08, 13:52
Thank you all for your messages, it helps me so much.

Take Care x

Jan63
12-11-08, 13:58
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: