PDA

View Full Version : Armistice Day

bottleblond
11-11-08, 11:04
To

ALL men and woman around the world, past and present in the Armed Forces.

RESPECT!!!!

XXXX

lorac
11-11-08, 12:22
Me too Lisa

Total respect to all of those people.

Carol

nickieb
11-11-08, 12:24
Fantastic work everyone...u guys deserve the up most respect! xx

Piglet
11-11-08, 12:44
In my thoughts too.

Love Piglet :flowers:

pinkpiglet
11-11-08, 13:00
Yes. Most definitely!
Rememberence day is the most important day of the year & should be kept alive forever. All those Men and women who risked and gave their lives deserve the upmost respect. Young people need to be Educated & kept reminded about the sacrifices that were made in their honour.
Here's to the heroes' The past- The present- The future!

RESPECT!

milly jones
11-11-08, 13:05
here here lisa xx

pooh
11-11-08, 17:01
I was incredibly moved by the three old gentlemen aged, 108, 110 and 112, who took part in the ceremony today.

Wilfred Owen the poet really captured the horror of the first world war.

Pooh x

MacAodh
11-11-08, 17:09
Here here.

bottleblond
11-11-08, 17:57
I am fuming at the fact that Ben's school never took part in the two minute silence :mad:

Neither are they doing anything for children in need AGAIN :mad::mad:

I feel a letter brewing

xxxxx

bottleblond
11-11-08, 18:24
Yeah they do that for some things but not this! I think i am going to querie it tut lol xxx

david12
11-11-08, 18:50
Maybe the teachers didn't discuss the day because then they would have to draw a comparision between events then and Britains present occupation of the Falklands and their willingness with your support to slaughter Argentinian citizens who rightly reclaim their homeland, You cant expect praise for defending one mans country whilst currently acting as aggressor in anothers,

Remind me,,, The Falklands are OIL RICH,, Mmm

bottleblond
11-11-08, 18:56
David

This is about Armistice day and ALL people who fought in wars past and present around the world.

Lisa

david12
11-11-08, 19:23
Bottle blonde

I know that i'm just pointing out the fact you cant pick and choose which parts your history you want to highlight and what you want to hide, The dead are at peace with their maker its the living who are currentlt in difficulty who need our concern.

bottleblond
11-11-08, 19:27
David

Um i did say past and PRESENT!

Lisa
x

eeyorelover
11-11-08, 19:41
In the US we celebrate Thanksgiving which technically is when the pilgrims came over, stole the land from the Native Americans and gave them smallpox and cholera which killed off alot of them and then we celebrate the DISCOVERY of America with eating too much and watching football!!!

At least Veteran's Day is a day to remember soldiers who have fought for their country!!!
Not to be political but war isn't created by soldiers, it's created by politicians!
If they had to grab a gun and fight the world would be a more peaceful place cuz we all know they wouldn't do it!!!

God Bless the Veterans all over the World and may there be peace someday where soldiers are no longer needed to fight!!!
xxx
Sandy

bottleblond
11-11-08, 19:46
You're so right Sandy. Let all the politcal numbskulls go off to a little desert island somewhere a zillion miles away from humanity and fight the bit out themselves. No one would be putting themselves up for election in that case Lol

xxxx