PDA

View Full Version : dizzyness

melvin
11-11-08, 12:41
hi every one can some one put my mind at rest most days i feel faint like im being pulled to one side or dizzy i catch whats happening and it starts of my anxieyy i feel like i want to drop everything and go home or to docs iv had a full blood count and theirs no props there idont mean the room spins

pinkpiglet
11-11-08, 12:49
It's all anxiety related. You can be feeling anxious without realising it, this presents itself as dizziness and a feeling of off balance (hence feeling as if you arer been dragged to one side). It's anxiety's way of attracting your attention.

gtrgrl3369
11-11-08, 13:53
Although I am about 98 percent better, this is the one symptom that still nags me. I read up on it and it is the one that takes the longest to go away because people fear losing their balance more than just about anything except for breathing. I get this most when I am tired or overstressed. Mine starts as a pressure in my head, not a headache and then I feel like I am swaying, no room spinning or feeling faint, just no balance. It used to scare me to the point that I would go home and stay in my bed because it was safer. I have also had every test done at the hospital and nothing is wrong other than anxiety. I cope with it by not letting it scare me and by bouncing on my feet. For some reason that works for me. Who knows. Remember that symptoms only stay around as long as we give them the fear they need to survive. Take care.

melvin
11-11-08, 15:04
thanks for ur reply guys

margaret911
11-11-08, 23:20
I get severe dizziness and feeling like I am going to faint although I never do but its awful, however it does pass and I keep telling myself that it will pass when it happens. I have had lots of tests and my doctor says it could be due to an inner ear disturbance which can be brought on by anxiety.
love Mags xx

cazzamagui1
12-11-08, 14:39
hi melvin i was experiencin alot of dizziness a couple of months ago and i was diagnosed with menieres disease (sounds awful ) but i looked it up and felt much better i often get a feelin my ears are full!!! and i also feel dizzy alot and sometimes when im out walking with my hubby i feel as if im bein dragged backwards scary stuff!!!! but my husband now nos what it is and calms me down if i panic hope this helps take care caz xxxxxx

Boozy22
13-11-08, 14:27
Hi Melvin,

I think dizziness is one of the most common symptoms of anxiety. I suffer with it also; I'd describe it as being unbalanced. My GP assures me it is the anxiety that's causing it; I think we just have to try and accept it and carry on as best we can
Best of luck!

Boozy22

girl wonder
19-11-08, 20:30
:weep: Im new to this but am desparate for help, I wake up feel ing vey dizzy almost drunk kind of feeling its hard to explain, im exhausted and suffer from shortness of breath , have had this on and off for best part of the year but have had this episode constant for a month. been to doctors every week!! had ecg which was ok blood pressure was high but now regulated am convinced they are missing something serious am also getting chest pains. if anyone else has this please help im existing at the moment not living :scared15:

jill
20-11-08, 14:34
Hi hun :D :hugs:

I had this alot when acute, the feeling of being pulled to one side. I have a few different types of dizzyness, some axniety realted some not.

This one, the feeling of being pulled to one side was defo an anxiety symptom for me. I am panic, high anxiety free because of this great site, have been for a long time.

This year I went to Monkey forsest, ohh its a great place. I like monkeys, Mmm, as long as they are in a cage LOL NOW, in monkey forsest YOU go into the cages with the monkey :scared15: they are freely walking ALL around you :scared15: blimey, I did feel on edge, HAY, would't you LOL

This feeling of being pulled to one side came on, this sight has tought me well:yesyes: I new what it was, told myself WHY it was there, clocked my thought pattens, talked to my hubby and daughter made fun of it being there. YES, it did stay with me while in the cages with the monkeys, BUT, when I came out, it went, sooooo I went back in again LOL to prove a point to myself LOL.

It is soo true that ecceptance is important, BUT, its allso true, its how you react to a symptom that counts, when anxiety goes, do does this symptom. It is NOT easy to change the way we think regarding a symptom, it take a hell of alot of hard work and time. Just letting a symptom like this one be there, is NOT EASY, learning to make fun about this type of symptom if its with you for awhile, NO its NOT easy, BUT, if you can learn to eccept AND NOT expect, this helps sooo much.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

MyNameIsntRich
24-11-08, 09:30
Ohhhhhh yes, i can raise my hand too. I wake up often specially if I'm tired I will feel completely dizzy. I can also be randomly standing sitting laying down or breathing and feel a sudden bout of dizzy coming on. Even if I'm laying on the couch I can feel as if im going to fall over. I also find its often to the same side. As if im always falling to the left hand side. Often as if i had just rolled down a hill and feel as if I'm still rolling. Or on a small boat for a day and come off without my land legs back yet. Yup I would have to agree this is one of my worst symptoms. Hang in there it sounds rather normal!