PDA

View Full Version : back agian..even worse, please help.

brwn_one
11-11-08, 17:46
hey everyone, i posted about a month ago being terrified about idenity theft because i threw out my laptop hard drive 8 months ago...i still am terrified. I cant stop thinking about it and i google, google and google some more and find more things to worry about. On top of all of this i am having to file bankruptcy because i cant make ends meet, i am having relationship trouble with my wife to be, i'm losing my car and i just lost both of my grand parents in a 3 month period, and i got laid off twice this summer. All of this stress with the way i am (depression, anxiety, ocd) is making me very emotional and on the brink of a nervous break down. I finding it very very difficult to function in the everday world, people at work are commenting on how i am a different person..i dont know how to deal with all of this and with my sickness and worry at the same time. I have been having frequent thoughts of suicide, and while i dont think i ever could..it still disturbs me and adds to my worry that i am even having these thoughts. I dont have many people to talk to about my anxiety...especially the hard drive issue because most people are tired of hearing it. All i have to turn to is you guys on this forum because i know you understand. Please if anyone can help get any of this out of my head, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

nicgrace
11-11-08, 19:31
HI there....have you seen your GP and worked out some suitable medication?

x

janeh
12-11-08, 22:44
Hi

You sound to be under an incredible amount of stress at the moment, you do need some help and support, I would encourage you to go and see your GP and let him know exactly what his happening.

Janeh

redballoons
14-11-08, 08:01
i am so sorry to hear off all the difficulties you are facing at the moment. It sounds like things are just snowballing out of control.

I know i feel like this alot and it normally helps to break down the problems into individual parts rather than grouping them all together under one heading of "problems" because then even small thing things look huge!.

so for example: laptop hard drive: you HAVENT been the victim of identity theft. the hard drive has probably been ground to a million peices in a rubbish dump somewhere for many months, also for someone to have taken your details off this hardrive they would have had to first of all, search through your bins for it (they wouldnt have known it was there) secondly it would have to be undamaged from being lugged about in the bin or out in the wet (hard drives are very delicate! as a person with two toddlers I have learned this the hard way!)and finally they would have had to have the correct equipment and knowledge to actually read the information.

About the money issues, it must be incredibly stressful filing for bankruptcy - I think anyone would get anxious about that. BUT perhaps you could start planning for the future rather than looking back at what has gone wrong?. ok you have been laid off but where do you go from here - what is your dream job and what do you need to acheive that? maybe some retraining etc?

you wife to be really depends on how serious the issue is: it sounds like you both need to reconnect, sometimes stress causes us to shut ourselves into our own little world and this can really affect relationships in the long run.
Dont set out to "talk" because chances are you are both sick of talking about the issues you have at the moment. I think the best deep meaningful chats happend when you are not expecting it, because you have to feel relaxed with each other. If you dont you end up bickering.

Do something simple, my husband and I have our best chats after we snuggle up in bed watching a film, normally a comedy of some kind but only you know what will relax you both :)

hope that helps
sophie