PDA

View Full Version : Diet/eating

Twin Galaxies
11-11-08, 21:44
Hi just thought id ask for tips on the foods that may help for anxiety and panic attacks, at the min im eating nothing atall or very little when i get to the phase im in now at the hieght of anxiety i become scared of food which as you can imagin makes me worse so my question is whats a good easy food that may help or even supplments ect

Wenjoy
12-11-08, 14:19
I heard that turkey, bananas, nuts all make seretonin which makes you feel calm - and cutting down on high sugar foods helps.Wenjoy x

joyce1980
12-11-08, 15:08
6 glasses of water a day, fish oil capsules, vit b12, iron and lots of bananas, potatoes, pasta as they contain the right ingrediants to help make serotonin.

And at least 30min exercise a day !!! good luck

Miss Alissa
12-11-08, 16:29
Hi there

I think the most important thing is to make sure your blood sugar stays pretty steady – having those highs and lows makes the anxiety so much worse in my experience, and that hollow feeling you get in the morning if you haven’t eaten just sets me up for a whole day of anxiety. I try and eat something every 2-3 hours just to keep me going – nuts, fruit, sushi if I’m lucky! Nothing starchy or fattening, low GI foods that have the slow release energy – I find chickpeas, mackerel, dark chocolate, avocados, lots of green and colourful veg etc all help me. I know it is hard when you feel rotten but it is more important at those times than ever to be taking care of yourself – supplements can help but only in addition to a good diet. I always tend to find that the act of cooking and preparing these foods for myself helps – when I feel at my worst - it is my way of taking control of my body and committing to looking after myself. Sometimes you can feel so helpless and out of control, taking those steps can helps. And as others have said – lots of water – replace coffee with something like peppermint tea and try and steer clear of the heavy drinking!

Take care

Ali

xxxxx

charsey
13-11-08, 00:16
The only thing i can suggest is staying away from caffine, it makes me so much worse if i have coke, coffee etc best thing is water and peppermint tea if thats not for you then get decaf. x x x