PDA

View Full Version : heart attack.

so jems like
11-11-08, 22:17
I am just 18 years old & I just started up smoking again .. I'm not a heavy smoker. Probably just 2 or 3 a day. I've smoked for about a year in a half then stopped for a couple months. I also smoked weed, but stopped that too because it triggered my panic attack.

Now, I'm really worried that smoking cigarettes trigger a heart attack. I may be over thinking .. I'm young and it's not like I'm a heavy smoker .. Should I not be worrying ??

When I had a panic attack I told the doctor that I smoked and stuff & he said that I should just stop and said that it wasn't associated with the symptoms I had. So, I don't know what to think !!

titch
11-11-08, 22:30
hey hun first things first your only young so at 18 i doubt you will get or have a heart attack..2ndly your only a light smoker so this is to your advantage too..maybe at some point when you feel you can try to stop smoking as it doesnt agree with anxiety and panic..but dont panic hun...xx

Cathy V
11-11-08, 23:17
No you're not likely to have a heart attack at your age through smoking. It might happen later in life if you continue though. Also, dont know if you are aware that most women are protected from heart disease until menopause.

Oestrogen is the magic hormone that protects all women for many years, and gives us healthy skin and shiny hair amongst other things, and which protects us from heart attacks. As soon as we hit menopause, we are equal to men in the fight against it.

Enjoy your youth while you have it, its the best time believe it, and try not to let this fear take over your life.

Best wishes
Cathy xxx :)