PDA

View Full Version : anyone

bluewoman
12-11-08, 02:06
who else here just feels floaty, sick and headachy most of the time?? if you do how do you make it through life at all?? this has been going on for a year now (with a couple hours here and there of my normal clear self). i feel like all i do is wait for this nightmare to end so my life can start again!!
http://www.anxietypanicattack.com/forum/Themes/dilbermc-rc3/images/icons/modify_inline.gif

Bill
12-11-08, 02:31
that is why i am soo scared it is something else.

The above is something I've copied from a previous post of yours. I "think" this may be the cause of your problems.

i feel like all i do is wait for this nightmare to end so my life can start again!

I think you perceive every day as a "nightmare" because you're expecting today to be the same as yesterday - a struggle.

I think what might actually be happening is that the symptoms of feeling floaty, sick and headachy most of the time are making you soo scared it is something else so you are "worrying" about them so are watching out for them every day.

This fear and worry then actually causes them to happen because they are "anxiety symptoms" which are actually created By fear and worry. This then produces a daily cycle which creates your "nightmare".

The nightmare will never stop if you "wait" for it to stop. It will only stop when you convince yourself that these symptoms are "normal" and so are nothing to worry about.

They would have originally begun due to extreme stress but that stress has now possibly passed but it left you with a new fear created by anxiety symptoms but that's all they are.

It's kind of like faith. You need to have enough faith and belief in yourself and that faith will then unmask the false fear. Confidence is key.:hugs:

bluewoman
12-11-08, 14:45
thanks Bill i actually made a copy of your last post to me and have been trying since then to accept it but it just is here so much even when i am not thinking about it or feeling anxious.. i post about it sometimes because it really helps to hear that other people feel the same way and it keeps me going for a couple weeks at least. i will have one ok day and then the next day is worse than ever!!

feels_like_home
12-11-08, 22:23
I have been experiencing the same symptoms. I feel floaty most of the day while at work. It gets a little better when I get home, but then I get the headaches and feel really sick. Just wanted you to know you are not alone. Feel like I am going crazy at the moment. I am trying to just ignore the symptoms and go on with my day. Some days are harder than others.
Take care.
Michelle

Captain America
12-11-08, 23:53
i had this terribly and had to take xanax to make it stop. i resolved it by:

1. admit it's anxiety. it's been a year, so if it was something sinister it would have done me in by now
2. acknowledge it and confront it. i personified my anxiety as a toddler, called him chucky, and everytime i was feeling light headed i would speak to it
3. when it happens, do something. for me, it would make me want to sit quietly and just wallow in it. so whenever i felt it i jogged in place. at first i could only do 20 steps. now i do over 200 and when i stop the floaty feeling is gone.

i still have health anxiety and am working on that. but as for the day to day exisiting i've really conquered that aspect of it. i play with the kids, eat food again, etc.

might work for you, might not. anyway you're not alone

Anxious_gal
13-11-08, 00:17
hmm I feel like that right now! it's very fustrating, I feel spacy and light headed and anxious and can't sleepy and well weird! I don't feel this way all the time which is good.
I feel shaky too, I don't know with help, it's scary and I do know that worrying about it and wondering if it will ever go away just makes it worse,
try doing something, like call a friend, I find that by talking to my friends I forget about the anxiety,

Bill
13-11-08, 03:28
Reading back over your posts I know your problems were caused by a very stressful pregnancy and that this stress created your first panic attack which installed your fear of being "ill".

See if this makes any sense to you? - I think also that having a baby is a new "responsibility" and because it's "new", it increased your "stress" because of course a new baby is precious and so you feel the need to feel well to look after it. However, this increased stress creates worry which then triggers your panicky feelings which in turn makes you feel "ill" causing you more worry because you feel you need to be "well" to care for your new baby. However, I'm sure that as the baby grows, your "new responsibility stress" will decrease which may help your panicky symptoms but it won't address your actual fear of panicky symptoms.

Another couple of thoughts....

i still feel really sick and lightheaded 5 out of 7 days a week. it will happen for a couple hours and i really cannot function during that time.

If it wasn't anxiety, why would you feel well 2 days every week? If you were ill, it would occur Every day. Also, after a couple of hours it eases which indicates that it's panic that is gradually subsiding.

A couple of qustions to ask yourself - What are you doing and thinking that trigger your symptoms on your bad days? - and really think about the answer rather than say for "no reason" because there's ALWAYS a cause even when we can't see or think of it until you delve deeper. What if anything are you doing differently on your good days and what do you do once the symptoms start?

A little example for you -

I had to take my mother out today but when I woke I felt very tired and my tummy felt out of sorts. While I was driving, I had trouble concentrating on what my mother was saying and what I was doing because of my tiredness. I also found it hard to ignore the feelings I had in my tummy!

However, I knew that if I kept thinking about my tummy, I'd feel more anxious and end up needing a loo! Before I left, my tummy was unsettled and that unsettled feeling triggered an automatic fear of needing a loo while I was out. I didn't have to actually think about needing a loo.

As it turned out, I stopped myself thinking about my tummy by concentrating on what was going on "around me" and what I needed to do while I was out. My tummy began to settle and although I still felt very tired, I coped and never even needed a loo until I got home many hours later.

It's the same when we feel panicky. If you can train your mind away from feelings, the panicky feelings do subside. The more we practise, the easier it becomes. However, if we feel under alot of daily stress, the panicky feelings can feel much harder to control which is why underlying stresses need to be addressed by finding ways to ease them.

Anyway, ask yourself some questions and Really think hard about the answers. They WILL be there and once you know Exactly what you're thinking "subconsciously", you can then start working on how to ease those fears which will in turn ease your symptoms that are frightening you.:hugs: