PDA

View Full Version : im having panic attack because i tool parecetamol

redballoons
12-11-08, 10:08
:weep:I had a really bad headache this morning so i took a pareacetamol (one of the dissolvy ones, I hate swallowing tablets) i only took it about 10 minutes ago but within a few minutes i was having a panic attack. I hate taking medications even paracetamol because i am convinced i will have some kind of horrible reaction to it.

I have been desperatly fighting the urge to run to the back door to get some fresh air or to go hide int he bathroom, because deep down i know that diong those things makes the panic attack go on longer and feel alot worse.

I have been telling myself:
1. I have taken paracetamol most of my life without any ill effects
2. paracetamol is a common safe medication
3. even if i did have a reaction to it it would take longer than about 3 minutes to start

sorry to post again but sometimes it really helps to just write down the things which are making me panic becasue reading this back makes it seem a little silly really - although for smoe reason even knowing that doesnt make me stop panicking!

Sophie

nicros
12-11-08, 10:41
Hi sophie, don't panic,I know how you feel I hate taking anything too. I had to take paracetamol yesterday as I have a splitting headache due to decreasing my venlafaxine dose and getting side effects. The trouble with me is I forget when I have taken them and then I'm terrified I will take an overdose if I have anymore. You will be fine as I am allergic to so many things and if you did have an allergic reaction it would have happened the 2nd time you ever took them. Try not to worry, love Nicola

titch
12-11-08, 13:02
i am exactly like u hun..hate taking tablets as fear the worse too...ive not taken a parecetomol for adges... youve done the right thing hun by thinking positively and posting on here....keep ya chin up huni...pm me if u ever need to....huggles ...xxxxxxxx:bighug1:

redballoons
12-11-08, 13:11
thank for replying. I am still feeling shaky etc but it think things are starting to calm down a bit (finally)I am just feeling a bit tired and stiff now:blush: and just that annoying shaking inside. at least my headache is gone anyway

sophie

gtrgrl3369
12-11-08, 14:16
I am the same way with meds, even if I have taken them before. I was told by my doctor that if anying was going to happen it would happen in the first 5 minutes and if I am really scared to keep Benadryl at the house for my own peace of mind. Take care and good job on taking the med.