PDA

View Full Version : up and down!!! grrrr!!!

LisaS
13-06-05, 18:17
hi all,

one minute i'm up, the next im down! i just can't understand it.. I can be doing some filing at work thinking oh god i'm never going to get out of this state and getting increasingly hopeless to an hour later having a laugh with colleagues thinking, yes i'm doing this, i can get out of this! i'm thinking maybe i need to increase my dose of meds? or leave it and carry on? i just dont know. I hate writing this or talking to friends/hubby about my ups and downs as everyone expects you to be getting better and better and i dont want to disappoint when i have a blip. I dont have a problem about going out anymore and even dont mind if i have a panic as i'll never learn how to deal with them if i dont have one! so with that thinking, i'm not getting them.. its just the low mood and feeling of hopelessness. :(
the thing is, in 5 minutes i'll feel great again! [8D]
help!!
Lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Karen
13-06-05, 19:47
Hi Lisa

I think the ups and downs are a normal part of the recovery process. You are doing really well with the anxiety and panic, now being able to get out and about, and handling any panic you have.

There is no way you are disappointing anyone if you have a blip. The road to recovery has many ups and downs and it isn't a straight path to getting well again.

There is no point in giving yourself a hard time about this. Just try to accept that you are making progress and you will get there. There is no right or wrong way.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

josiepickle
13-06-05, 20:11
Hi Lisa

Keep doing what your doing coz its working.

Stay positive that most days will be good, and even when the wheels fall off you can cope.

Keep smiling
Jo xx

Meg
13-06-05, 22:47
**I can be doing some filing at work thinking oh god i'm never going to get out of this state and getting increasingly hopeless to an hour later having a laugh with colleagues thinking, yes i'm doing this, i can get out of this!**

Umm - thoughts spiralling down when doing a task alone followed by distraction with others.

You're doing fine .. now you proved you feel better when distracted - start concentrating on changing your thought patterns to more optimistic ones when alone.

*i'm never going to get out of this state* changes to .. Its great I'm so much better than I was - still some rough times but over all - better and smile to youself and get a little smug about it all.

I know you've seen these before but really take in the messages Lisa..

Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=283)
Mind Games (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1789)
obsessive thoughts & anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3096)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

pips
13-06-05, 23:00
Hi Lisa,

I get like that to mate. Sometimes I feel quite happy and even get excited about life and then other days I can be all doom and gloom for no apparant reason.

You are doing great though hun and as Meg so rightly says try to change the negative thought to a positve one! and focus on how far you have come. I know it's hard and im still practicing but you know what they say practice makes perfect huh!

Take care keep up the good work!

Love PIP'S X X

LisaS
14-06-05, 17:55
hi all,

thanks for your replies.. I do try and think of positives to outweigh the negatives most of the time, but I think I just get fed up that I keep having to do it.. I also worry if I have managed to get this bad after a recurrence of PA's, how bad is it going to be next time I have a relapse.. I know I know I might not have a relapse again, but I guess i am just lacking in self esteem and confidence at the moment.
I am trying Meg.. I think after the deferral of uni, it seemed like such a struggle.
thanks again,
Lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"