PDA

View Full Version : Hi there - new at all this

Debbied
12-11-08, 15:45
Hi there,

I am 37 years of age and have been suffering from depression and panic attacks for about 18 months. I am fortunate that the panic attacks do not happen that often now as on medication. I suffer badly with chest pains and arm pains which make me think I am having a heart attack and this leads to a panic attack. I am now constantly checking my breathing and pulse and although I don't have them feel very close to having a major attack most of the time. Things are really getting on top of me. My GP is great and I am meant to be starting a therapy group soon although it is two hours a week during working time and I don't know if I can get the time off work. Feel like I am at the end of my tether. There are no local night groups that meet up unfortunately. My nearest seems to be Woking which is an hours drive away.

This is the first time I have been on this site and whilst I would not wish anxiety on to anyone it is nice to know that I am not alone.

baldy_dude
12-11-08, 15:58
Hiya - you are definitely not alone Debbied. Your story is similar to a lot of us. Its how we try and break that cycle!?! I don't know the magic answer, but since joining this forum, for some reason I have immediately felt a lot better. I think the knowledge that others are feeling the same, makes it feel more normal. You were saying that you feel like you are at the end off your tether.... well, I've been there as well.... But the clouds will lift - I promise you that.

I'd love to join a therapy group, but I really don't know of any in my locality..... but hey you know what... this forum is turning out to be the next best thing.

Hang in there, ride it out and it will be sunny soon!
Regards
The dude

weeble40
13-11-08, 00:14
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

pooh
13-11-08, 09:34
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

milly jones
18-11-08, 17:48
a warm welcome to no more panic

milly xx