PDA

View Full Version : Feel Like Hell

loulou
13-06-05, 19:22
Hi All,

Lately i've been feeling really good I'm starting to go out after work alot something i never would have done before my CBT counsellor is really chuffed with me and is looking to discharge me on my next visit. I've recently started seeing a Bloke who i thought was lovely seemed really nice I just started to let my guard down with him and now he isnt interested becuase i wouldn't sleep with him I wanted to wait a while to be sure I've also found out he has been seeing other people behind my back and its left me feeling really down about myself I feel I've let everyone down cause they were so excited for me and i feel I'm never gonna find someone decent I'm fed up of being lonely. Sorry to go on but needed t get it off my chest

Lisa

Karen
13-06-05, 19:52
Hi Lisa

Sorry you are not feeling too good at the moment. You have been doing really well and this blip doesn't wipe out all the progress you've made so far.

The man you were seeing doesn't deserve you in the first place to have treated you so badly. It isn't your fault that he wasn't prepared to wait. Anyone that really cared about you wouldn't have put that pressure on you.

Don't give up hope. There is no reason why you won't meet someone else, and someone who will actually make you happy.

Loneliness is really hard to cope with. Do you have friends you could spend time with and get out and about with? What about hobbies and activities you enjoy doing? You can have a good social life without having a man in your life.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

LisaS
13-06-05, 21:31
Hi Lisa,

I totally agree with Karen.. that man just didn't deserve you at all.. I know its probably hard to see that now, but you will soon realise that you are better off without him, especially if he can't respect you. You deserve much much better than that.. as for meeting someone else, we all know how it goes, when you look, there is no one, then when you stop looking, they appear from nowhere! like buses!!
Like Karen said, there is plenty more to life than men anyway! enjoy being single while you still are.. have you got some good girl friends? they are much more reliable!!
chin up honey - you're doing great.
lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Meg
13-06-05, 21:41
Loulou,

I completely disagree **and its left me feeling really down about myself I feel I've let everyone down cause they were so excited for me and i feel I'm never gonna find someone decent **

I think you should be holding your head up high and being proud that your reasons for waiting were proved correct.

Good for you !! I think you did great .

I went through a real AllMenAreB******* stage - even put it on interview panel questions for a new team I was recruiting for .
I have had to really eat my words since . They're not all bad lol

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...