PDA

View Full Version : please read dont know what to do

charlish74
12-11-08, 16:07
:weep: all week for me hasnt been to bad at all a few ups and down with anxiety a bit panic i was on 10mg 3 times a day of propranolol but yesterday the doctor put me up to 20mg twice a day as i had felt they were not working aswell, any way today i took my children to school felt a bit wobbly a bit sivk but i got there. my brother turned up and said shall we go and se mum at work he hadnt seen her for a while so he drove me there.on the way there in the car i felt panicy sick hot like flushes we got to the car park and i said to him please lets walk quick need to get to mum when we got there they paged my mum to say i was there she came over to me i said mum i feel really bad today. i had my diazepam in my pocket just incase i needed one i took one then not long after felt better on the way back i dont know if it all got to much or i felt let down after having not to much of a bad week but i said to him get me to the doctors now i was crying i havent cried since all this happened about 4 weeks ago now. i was more fed up because i took a diazepam. anywaY the doctore sore me almost atraight away hes given me citalopram he said the propranolol want quite enough. i told him i had read about them and i was scared of taking them also i said i was not deppressed at all he said that there not just for that they help anxiety but i said some side affects sound terrible he said dont read that bit you will be fine more so because im not depressed, i feel shacky and sick still now im scared to try these i really am, im fed up of telling my self im fine i can do this because some times its so strong when it hits you just dont know what to do its getting me down i dont get down im such a happy go lucky person i dont want to take another diazepam today but i still feel panicy ect maybe today was a bit much i dont know if any one can help me please do i want to know how they felt on these tablets and how i can sort of get through this he has put me down to see some one about itxx:weep:

Asha1979
13-11-08, 23:37
Hi Charlish. You sound identical to how I was feeling before I went on citalopram. I went on it for depression that resulted from anxiety. The two are similar anyway. The main problem for you is that you have been reading too much of what people say about citalopram. I know you want to know what your putting in your body but please believe me when I tell you that they do work. For the first week on them I felt worse than ever but you pull yourself through this and slowly you start to feel better. You will not wake up one day and be 'fixed' But you will wake up soon and say to yourself 'I feel a bit better today', and that will continue until you have had a few months of good days. Please don't be reading horror stories online. Everybody reacts differently to medication, I'm extremely sensitive to meds, I had tried 3 other antidepressants and citalopram was the one that worked for me and took me out of a bad dark place. A place I never wish to visit again. This medication has been designed by medical scientists to replace the seretonin in your brain that is missing. The seretonin went missing from endless anxiety that you have had and now it will be replaced again until you are better and believe me when I say that you WILL get better. Give the citalopram a chance, don't google for horror stories, and keep on this site cos its the best x if you have any questions about citalopram please pm me anytime DAY or NIGHT and I will answer them. I feel it is my duty to help others now that I am better x