PDA

View Full Version : Electric buzz in ear

pigtailplaits
12-11-08, 16:51
Hi everyone,

Hope someone can reassure me. I have a feeling of lots of pressure in my head. I have had headaches almost daily for 9months and feel as though something is pushing the backs of my eyes. The thing that is bothering me at the moment is the strange noises and sensations in my ear. Everyone one or two days my ear just reaches a really high pitch and feels like its an electric buzzer it then rings for about 10 seconds and then goes back to normal. When it happens it makes me stop dead in my tracks and it frightens the hell out of me. What is it.
I am very paranoid about brain tumors etc and I had a brain ct scan done in march. At the time of the scan i wasnt having the ear thing so that is a new symptom. If there was nowt there 9mnts ago could there be somet there now - is it too soon to be worrying about?

Missy69
12-11-08, 17:22
Hiya Pigtail,
I think what your describing is tinitus, i have it quite a lot. I suppose it can be quite alarming if you have not experienced it before, why dont you go to your docs and let him check your ears, sometimes syringing them can get rid of the noises if its wax that is blocking your ears up.
Try not to worry to much about it, i have ringing, wooshing, pressure, feelings of an electric shock going from one ear straight through to the other, as though there was nothing in the middle lol .

I think checking it with doc is the best thing to do , take care

BasilCat
12-11-08, 21:25
I get an electric buz in my ear too but its when I am in bed and almost asleep. It sometimes "wakes" me up. Plus I have a continual loud hiss in my left ear and its my left ear where I get the electric buz. Mine lasts for about 10 seconds too. And I dont like anything "wrong" in my head either. So I know how you feel.

BasilCat