PDA

View Full Version : ADVICE...In absolute agony.

belle
12-11-08, 20:26
I don't know what to do.

I am in chronic agony with TEETHache. I have four that need to be pulled. I am scared crapless of the dentist and have to be sedated for any treatment. Unfortunately i have until the 11th Dec. to wait before i even get to the sedation clinic and that is only for a consultation, then of course i have to wait for the actual appointment to come through, which is likely to be another 2 weeks.

I have spoken to them and they have said there is nothing available sooner. I CANNOT take this pain. I feel sick, i have pain in my jaw/glands/ears/sinuses you name it, it hurts. I have stabbing pains going from my ears to my glands. I feel constantly sick, with a stomach that is churning 24 hours a day.

I really don't know what to do. I even called a private clinic and that would take just as long and cost me £600 for the pleasure.

ANY ADVICE - PLEASE!

x

bottleblond
12-11-08, 20:32
Hi Belle

Do you have an absess by any chance? If you do then you could go to your doctor for antibiotics and painkillers.

I'm like you and have a HUGE dental phobia, but when things get that bad and i am in agony, i just go and get it over and done with and it is NEVER as bad as i thought it would be.

Big hugs hun
Love Lisa
xxx

:bighug1:

trixi
12-11-08, 20:33
Hi Belle,

Sorry to hear about your pain!!!

Unfortuantly apart from the usual oil of cloves and pain killers (stronger the better) the only way seems to be to pay the 600 pounds or go to the dentist and try your best (easier said than done)

I really hope your pain goes soon and its the most horrible thing is toothache.

Trixi
xxx

kazzie
12-11-08, 20:33
Hi Belle:)

I too have teeth probs

You can buy some gel called oragel from chemist that numbs things for a while

Or rub neat vodka on the area

Or oil of cloves

Im scared of dentist too but had a hosp appt today to do with having teeth out and they were lovely to me:yesyes:

Good Luck and PM me if you like:hugs:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

belle
12-11-08, 20:40
I have just finished a course of antibiotics and i am on co-codamol (sp?), they are okay for the pain but they bung me up (badly!!!!!).

I need my head chopped off :(

bottleblond
12-11-08, 20:43
Belle Huni

Last time i had an absess, i had to have 2 courses of antibiotics because first one didn't quite clear it. Go back and make sure you don't need more.

I so know how you feel! My teeth are the bain of my bloomin life!

Hugs to you sweetheart
Love Lisa
xxxx

suzy-sue
12-11-08, 20:45
HI BELLE ,YOU HAVE MY SYMPATHY YOU POOR LOVE.WHAT A CRAP SERVICE THEY OFFER.WITH YOUR HEALTH ISSUES CANT YOUR DOC DO ANYTHING TO GET YOU TREATED IN HOSPITAL?PHONE THEM TOMORROW AND ASK.FAILING THAT THE ONLY WAY IS TO BRAVE IT OUT AND GO TO THE DENTIST AS AN EMERGENCY PATIENT,COULDNT YOU HAVE A VALIUM BEFORE YOU GO?I KNOW YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL BEFORE ANAESTHETICS BUT THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE TAKE THEM& THEY MUST GO TO THE DENTIST SOMETIME,AS LONG AS YOU TELL THEM WHAT YOUVE TAKEN.CANT SEE THERE BEING A PROBLEM.SORRY I CANT HELP MORE.SENDING YOU LOTS OF HUGS:bighug1: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: HOPE YOU SORT SOMETHING OUT ASAP LUV SUE XX

bottleblond
12-11-08, 20:54
Belle

Suzy is right hun! your doctor can give you something to steady your nerves! I have been offered it before but turned it down.

xxxxxx

marie1974
12-11-08, 21:17
hi hun, oh im sorry u sufferin, i am scared to death of dentist too, but recently plucked up the courage to go cos of the pain i was in.

i have also begged my doctor, much to his disapproval for strong painkillers and he gave me some and although they got rid of pain they knocked me out for days and i was a zombie, but i had to have them.

mayb change the painkillers matey, some work better then others, go beg your doctor and say u cant get appointment yet for dentist but u r desperate for painkillers to take pain away
hugs

belle
12-11-08, 22:21
I am going to call another surgery in the morning to see if they can get me in any quicker at their referral clinic. Its further away, but i don't care at this point. I need them removed ASAP.

Thank you for all your replies.

Jan63
12-11-08, 23:11
Hope you get something sorted soon cos toothache is one of the worst pains possible in my mind. I don't mind going to the dentist although I did used to be scared due to an insensitive dentist but I've got used to it now and it doesn't bother me a bit. Been tonight actually for a checkup and he also does a check for oral cancer now too.:huh: Thankfully I don't have it.:wacko: