PDA

View Full Version : veiny breasts with pain

kristy5095
12-11-08, 21:06
Can anyone help please!!!!! I have decided that I now have breast cancer which has spread to my bones, last week it was a heart condition (still in the background though).
I am 35 years old and about 3 months ago started my periods again after a 2 yr break brough on by the pill injection. I have noticed that my breast are now swollen and look like a london underground map with blue veins. They are tender to touch and if i didnt know better i would say i was pregnant (this of course would be the immaculate conception). Under my breasts along the rib cage is also tender. My mum went through the menopause early about 38 and i was wondering if this could be a symton of the pre-menopause.
I am completely fed up of feeling that everything is a life threatening it is so exhausting. I am snappy one minute and then feel as though i am on a high.
kristy

pinkpiglet
12-11-08, 21:17
Hey Kristy, i too noticed really bright blue veins in my breasts this week. Something i never noticed before. My left breast is often tender (but not constant) and my glands are very swollen in my neck so i too have been worrying myself sick.
Lets worry together lovey!

amu
12-11-08, 21:53
My breasts have visible blue veins too. Sometimes they are sore before my period. It must have been brought on by the fact that you came off the injection. This is not breast cancer, breast cancer doesn't makes breasts tender and swollen, but hormonal changes do. It doesn't sound like pre-menopause either.

jill
14-11-08, 22:17
Hi hun :D:hugs:

I know its hard for you right now because you suffer health anxiety, my heart goes out to you :hugs:but hunny, YOU need to get to know your own body regarding your periods, know what symptoms happen each month. I myself get alot of symptoms, Mmm, not all at once, but each month can be different, breast being very sore and tender is one of them. Ohhh boy, tender is not the word, I can't even have a hug when my breats are like that. Mmm, whan I first started having breast THAT sore, I thought about being pregnant too, LOL.

it is not uncommon for women to experience discomfort, tenderness and swelling of the breasts during the 7 to 14 days prior to their period.

These symptoms usually settle down when menstration begins and are thought to be due to fluctuations in the circulating level of hormones such as oestrogen and progesterone.
Your symptoms may have become worse because your hormone balance may be starting to change due to a decline in your normal ovarian function, this can be checked by having a blood test.

Hunny, if you are really concerned you can go to your gp, but book yourself to talk to a nurse, who will anxamine you and put your mind at rest and give you some help and advice on how you can help yourself rgarding sore breast, eat the right foods, take vit B6, evening primrose.

I know for me, it helped to write, each monthe, when my symptoms started.

The first day of your bleed is day 1, so on and so on, write down when each symptom starts, then when it stops, for me, there was a patten. Mostly all starting on my 13, 14th day and stopping when my period started.

Hope this has been of some help,

You take care

LOVE JILLXX

yorkylover
15-11-08, 00:52
My boob's look like a map,I have blue vein's all over them.Before my period they swell and are very tender.I think it may be cos you have come off the injection and your body is getting used to the changes.:hugs: