PDA

View Full Version : help please...........

Sal x
13-06-05, 20:12
Hi..........

Ive had a headache all day today and have convinced myself I have a brain tumor or am having a stroke.

I feel really sick but I think thats because im anxious about it. I feel all light headed and feel like my arms are really heavy.

Please, can someone tell me if this can possibly be tiredness or something not to worry about as I am really scared.
I have had a migraine before and it doesn't feel like that. My jaw feels really heavy but I suppose that could be anxiety???

Please help

Sal x

josiepickle
13-06-05, 20:20
Sal

What can I say except snap!!

My head and kneck are killing me coz I've been stressing all day about rubbish.

Lets both be positive and tell ourselves that we are happy healthy and safe.
Easier said than done I know.

Jo xx

henri
13-06-05, 21:18
hey you two,
just wanted to say that i'm not a doctor, but it sounds like you are both definitely suffering from anxiety, also probably from tiredness caused by worrying so much.
we all get health anxiety and i know it's impossible to believe that there's nothing wrong with you, but believe me, there isn't! lightheadness and heavy arms are both common symptoms of anxiety.
have a nice bath and hot drink and get cosy and hopefully the symptoms will ease up.
i really hope you both start feeling better soon!
henri x

Meg
13-06-05, 21:33
I totally agree and great attitude Jo..

These are extremely common anxiety symptoms...

Massage, lavender,music, relaxation CD, warm pads/ towels round your neck , sleep will do wonders

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Karen
14-06-05, 00:20
Hi Sal

I've also had a headache all day, due I am sure to having had a very anxious day and lack of sleep.

Hope you're feeling better.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

mumof4
14-06-05, 11:11
i get the headaches too when i have a bad day or lack of sleep.

try and rest and go for a sleep if u can it should help with ur head.

i used to be like that when i got a headache i was convincted i was dying of a tumour or a stroke.

i never used to worry about headaches untill my gran died of a brain aymrusym.

roachford
14-06-05, 11:24
Hi Sal,

All I can say is try and do something that will distract your attention away from the thought pattern of your symptoms. Thats what worked (or is working) for me. Maybe go swimming, or to the cinema, or I found that surrounding myself with friends helped take my mind off what was going on. I felt a little better and thought "Hey, maybe this is in my mind rather than there being something 'actually wrong'"

It gradually seemed that the more I tried to think less about what I thought was happening, the more the symptoms started to fade. Slowly, but they faded.

My heart goes out to you, it really does. But I really hope that gets better for you as I'm sure that it will.

With love

R

Sal x
14-06-05, 12:21
Thanks everyone for posting...............

This site gets me through the day.

its really brill to know that I am not the only one out there as it sometimes can feel like that.

Thanks again everyone and feel free to PM me anytime as I am always up for reasurrance (to give my husband a break if nothing else)

Sal x

Piglet
14-06-05, 15:05
Hi Sal

Try letting your tongue fall to the bottom of your mouth and let your jaw drop too - its amazing how much tension we hold around here and in our necks, I find this helps to relax the muscles in this area. If not it will certainly make you smile - I dont do it where small children and delicate animals may see me as its not a pretty sight.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

BrandyK
14-06-05, 17:52
HI, I also have headaches that last all day.. It is most likely the tension.

Maybe try taking a pain releiver for it..

Brandy

Sal x
15-06-05, 10:00
Hi...........

Thanks again everyone.

Can anyone tell me if they get painful twinges in their head or is it just me ?

It feels like someone is pulling a vain up my forehead (sorry for being so graphic) kinda like cramp.

This really scares me at the time as its so sudden and very painfull.

Is this stress related ??

Thanks again everyone for being there.

Sal x

Meg
15-06-05, 13:38
Yes it is stress related Sal.

Try hot towels over your face or really squeezing up every muscle in your head and face , holding it for a few seconds and then releasing them all with a big breath out .

An Indian head massage would be a great help too.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

chucklehound
15-06-05, 13:47
I have got exactly the same today and mine is because i have had a bad nites sleep and am stressed out.

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-