PDA

View Full Version : Heart squeezing pain panic!

katr
12-11-08, 21:12
Im have an agonising pain in the left hand side of my chest. It feels like someone is squeezing my heart it is so painful. My left arm also feels very sore like a dull ache. I am so scared...

The pain is there al the time but gets worse and better. It seems to happen in the middle of the night out of nowhere real bad then will stay with me for days after.

I had an ecg 2 weeks ago which was normal but i cant get the thoughts out of my head its my heart, please help me, i need advice i dont feel like i can handle this for much longer its ruling my life.... i just hope its anxiety, has anyone else felt like this?

Thanks. Kat xx:weep:

kristy5095
12-11-08, 21:27
Hi, you dont say how old you are but I am sure that if you had your ecg's and everything came back normal you are fine. I too have had pains like you described and was told by both my gp and a mental health nurse (seeing them for anxiety) that this is a common anxiety problem. They said that once you feel a slight twinge then because our nerves have become overly sensitized by anxiety we can focus in on it and actually make it worse. We can also link it to conditions that we associated with that pain and we can put that pain there too. The mind is very powerful. Try and relax, go back to yourgp for reassurance, you will feel better, but take one day at a time.
Anxiety is an illness not just imaginary.

katr
15-11-08, 18:50
Thanks for repying, im a 25 year old girl.

Its just so scary, thanks so much for letting me know how you feel too. Ive started getting palpitations and really tight chest too find it hard to breathe, guess they both anxiety tho.

I just want this al to go away, i dont feel like i can go out or do anythin. goin to c doc on thurs, i really hope they sort this out cause its all i think about, not fair. Kat xxxx:weep:

Burdock
19-11-08, 20:06
Hi Kat,

Have been having similar problems to you for 4 years. Has normally been just chest pain, but it has spread to my left arm over the last few months. A pain in my left arm woke me up at 2.45am and I had to take a sedative (Diazepam) to get back to sleep. Had more or less constant chest pains all day today.

Hope you doctor helps / managed to help. Please post back what was said!

Good luck!
Martin :winks:

nickieb
19-11-08, 21:51
I have had this the last time too & now my HA on my head has gone but has now focused on my chest hahaha!!
Your brain is a very powerful thing xx

katr
23-12-08, 17:08
Hey i just wanted to reply to Burdock, i went to my doc and he said it was chest wall pain but sent my for a chest xray just incase, got the results yesterday and they are clear so i happier its nothin serious.. i think lol. Feeling very short of breath and like itchy chest does anyone else have this? its horrible. The heart pain isnt as frequent but its bad today and the breathlessness seems to be on the left near the pain. Does anyone have an opinion? i am tryin very hard to think rationally but its difficult. I hate the breathlessness it is all day from the second i wake up and i wake in the middle of the night with a tight throat, do other ppl get that? xxx

amandaj
23-12-08, 17:17
i get it 24 hours a day also ,seems especially worse in night the breathlessness , tight throat tight chest etc seems to go hand in hand with these symptoms i also have had a ecg at a@e bout 2 weeks ago it was clear but like people say mind is powerful and it never goes away if you ever want to talk can always pm

amanda