PDA

View Full Version : Strange bowel today

countrygirl
12-11-08, 22:19
I had a colonoscopy a few months ago that was normal so know I don't have bowel cancer but have been told I have IBS.
I normally go to toilet up to 4 times in the morning then again later in evening and the evening one is like rabbit droppings whereas morning ones are very loose and urgent. I also pass clear mucus sometimes which can be embarrasing as it just suddenly happens!

today I had only been to loo once this morning and I had to go out all day and I knew that I would need to go again but couldn't wait any longer and I wasn't going to be near toilet much as was travelling.

anyway got to about 4pm and I suddenly passed wind I thought but horribly it was wet! and runny! managed to get to loo and I then had normal bowel movement but felt that needed to go more but there was a long queue for loo so couldn't linger. got home I have been to loo 4 times in last 5 hrs and keep passing bits of mucus inbetween.

I am sure I have just messed up my bowels today with having to be out without access to toilet but worrying that it won't get back to nromal

sorry for too much info!

janeybaby25
12-11-08, 22:53
aw hun, I feel for you I really do. I remember when I first got diagonsed, its just awful. Still suffer now but I have learnt to know what my stomach is going to do with what kind of pain or movement I have. Please feel free to PM with any questions you might have. xxx

Jan63
12-11-08, 23:03
I had a colonoscopy a few months ago that was normal so know I don't have bowel cancer but have been told I have IBS.
I normally go to toilet up to 4 times in the morning then again later in evening and the evening one is like rabbit droppings whereas morning ones are very loose and urgent. I also pass clear mucus sometimes which can be embarrasing as it just suddenly happens!

today I had only been to loo once this morning and I had to go out all day and I knew that I would need to go again but couldn't wait any longer and I wasn't going to be near toilet much as was travelling.

anyway got to about 4pm and I suddenly passed wind I thought but horribly it was wet! and runny! managed to get to loo and I then had normal bowel movement but felt that needed to go more but there was a long queue for loo so couldn't linger. got home I have been to loo 4 times in last 5 hrs and keep passing bits of mucus inbetween.

I am sure I have just messed up my bowels today with having to be out without access to toilet but worrying that it won't get back to nromal

sorry for too much info!

I wonder if there is some bug going round because this is what happened to me on Saturday night although fortunately I was at home.:blush: I also kept passing mucus and it really worried me so I phoned the doctors and eventually got an appointment for the same night. She wasn't too worried about it and just thought it was down to anxiety but I've never had anything like that before in my life.:unsure:

Hollytree
13-11-08, 00:31
Hey, I am sorry to hear about your day, I also suffer from IBS, had it on/off for the past 2 years, i also get irritable bladder as well, (somtimes peeing upto 10 times a day) it's all connected though. I find that when i am anxious it effects me more, sometimes for weeks on end, but it WILL settle down. You can take some effective medication for IBS that works, ask at the chemist or your doctor.

Take care xxxxx