PDA

View Full Version : Aneurysm fear

divaneko13
13-11-08, 04:48
I know I've posted about this before....i have had several CT scans and an MRi back in March....all came out fine. However, I've been having an uneven pupil annnnd serious neck and headaches with pressure in my head too. I've also been very fatigued. Could it be an aneurysm or am I being ridiculous?

I'm sorry to be posting again bt I'm very scared and freaking out.

gtrgrl3369
13-11-08, 14:45
Please dont worry yourself. This has to do with what is called a tension headache which is common in anxiety and panic. When we have anxiety or panic we tense up our muscles and they become tight causing pressure and pain. I have had this before and had the same tests done and my doctor told me to try and loosen up the muscles in my neck and shoulders with some excercises. It does help and so does a heating pad. Take care and try not to worry.

nickieb
13-11-08, 16:39
Hiya

I have a HA fear of aneurysm too- this is the only thing i worry about.
I have TMJ and get worried the symptoms are more sinister. Despite people telling you it is very slim chance & that if it happens it happens & that there are very little symptoms that would pre warn us we had an aneurysm.

I try & stay focused & think if my BP is ok then the likelihood is slim....I know its hard & easy to say but this fear plagues me when i have a headache or head pain too but i have come to accept thats life now & we have to just enjoy the time we have hear...

Feel free to PM me for a chat xx

divaneko13
15-11-08, 00:12
Thanks guys! I think I may just be freaking out...now my eyelid seems to be a bit droopy. Lol it's never ending!

Magik
15-11-08, 05:46
Yeah I have somewhat of the same thing, makes me feel like my mind just sort of "hiccups." I think it's the fear of having something possibly go wrong even though we know, least in my case, I know they're panic attacks.. *hugs*

It's icky, I know x.x

redmomatt
16-11-08, 14:14
Hi,

I stumbled on this after a google search. I'm also freaking out about an aneurysm, although I'm concerned about an abdominal one. I've been having weird pain/fullness in the right side of my neck, with no obviously swollen lymph nodes. First doc said it was probably just a bug. The ENT said it could be a low level infection, so she gave me antibiotics. But, because I feel fine except for the nagging feeling in my neck (which has been going on for a month), my mind jumped to the worst thing it could think of and now I'm worrying myself sick.

The only thing that would put my mind at rest, would be a CT or MRI, but I feel stupid going to a doctor and saying that. How did you do it?

Thanks for listening.

divaneko13
16-11-08, 18:22
I actually went to the ER cause I was having awful headaches that were like making me nauseous and i couldn't stand bright lights so thats where they did the CT scan and found nothing. But you know I had to follow up with my GP who is amazing...he set me up right away with a neuro who sent me for the MRI.

But I've also had the abdominal fear...again my GP sent me for testing. Couldn't find anything serious...told me I had IBS. So don't worry it might not be the worst!

redmomatt
16-11-08, 21:56
Thanks for the comments. It's at least reassuring to know that I am not alone. Though right now I feel terrible from the antibiotic that the ENT put me on, and the 3mg of Ativan that doesn't seem to be doing much to get rid of my anxiety. Its weird, the sicker you are the more anxious you get and in turn the sicker you feel.

Do you do the comparison of things between you and someone else? For example, right now I'm worried about my stomach "pulse" and am trying to compare to what others have. I know the more anxious I get, the stronger it is, but I don't know if it is abnormal. It is not really strong and not painful itself, but it still freaks me out; no matter how many times I read that some people just have stronger pulses.

Do you have any tips and tricks for how you cope/think about things that seems to work? For me, when I get to a certain point, there is no amount of thinking that will reverse my anxiety.

Thanks again.

nickieb
17-11-08, 11:16
Guys believe me if you had a triple AAA (abdominal aortic aneurysm) you would no about it.
The come on very easily and are excruciatingly painful within hours...there would also be swelling to so don't worry- these are more associated with the elderly too xxx

yanksforever
17-11-08, 15:34
You know this is OT but kind of on-topic too..Sen. Joe Biden who's the VP Elect of the US had two aneurysms and look at him! He's fine and dandy and gonna be VP of America.

Anyway you're having stress and anxiety and a headache!

brownmachine
17-11-08, 22:12
don't feel stupid asking for what you want doing. Shy kids get nothing. Explain that the only thing that will put your mind at rest will be a scan. It will be nothing but you've got to do what you've got to do and if it makes you feel better then it's bee worthwhile right?

Gem Can't Switch Off
17-11-08, 22:43
hi hun, had to reply to your post on this one- I suffer the same thing- I absolutely freaked out when I started getting the eye symptoms. I've always had headaches (migraine, tension, blackouts, the lot) but I started getting the drooping eyelid and uneven pupils and I was so worried. I saw all sorts of doctors and was diagnosed with 'hemiplegic migraine', which causes the blood vessels to constrict and cut off supply to the optic nerves, which causes drooping eyelids and sometimes temporary paralysis. I don't worry when I get one now- they always come on when I'm stressed. They are just another type of migraine, a pain to live with but not serious. Sounds like you have the same thing. xx

divaneko13
19-11-08, 05:37
That's nuts! I don't know how you deal with it...I always think mytime is up when stuff like that happens. Did all of your tests come back ok? And they aren't harmful?

divaneko13
27-11-08, 05:15
Hi again people! I am soooo sorry to keep posting but the dilated pupil and huge headache are back....the fact that it's recurring probably shows it is not an aneurysm right?